Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Questions on R-Truth, Tributes to the troops, Desmond Wolfe, Hogan/Bischoff/Flair, and Rhino, Updates on Sin Cara (Mistico) and Ric Flair, Mysterio and HBK interviews, Impact and Superstars ratings

Today's news begins with a look at the questions PWInsider.com got for the day. The first is a suggestion that R-Truth be turned heel and purposefully misquote the city that he's in each night. I think that would have been/would be hilarious. I don't know exactly how well R-Truth would get over as a heel, but I wouldn't mind if they gave it a shot. Not that I think they should do it just because I'd find it funny. They could even get the crowd to chant "shut up" instead of "what's up?" among other things.

As for question #2, I have heard that once some people had to take cover in an area because of safety concerns while overseas for Tribute to the Troops, but thankfully no one was hurt. I don't remember the full details. It was mentioned on one of the broadcasts by I'm thinking Michael Cole a few years ago.

Next someone wants to know when to expect Desmond Wolfe back in TNA. No one knows. There are a number of rumors as to why he's off TV, but nothing concrete. I honestly always found him overrated, so I'm not exactly upset that he's gone.

After the break, my thoughts on whether Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair will be released by TNA, and all the news for the day.
I see the aforementioned talents staying with TNA at least until their current contracts are up, and it wouldn't surprise me if they signed new deals. I don't think business has dropped off enough for Dixie to let them go. When was the last time anyone with name value was released from a big money contract in TNA for not improving business?

Finally, there hasn't been any indication that Rhino will return to TNA. With the exception of the Devon/Ray feud, I've pretty much had my fill of ECW alumni. I don't see him adding to the show at this stage of his career.

Anyway, on to newer faces: Sin Cara, formerly Mistico before his WWE deal, is already in discussions about a TV debut. The natural indication is to work with Del Rio, Mysterio, or Chavo on Smackdown, but I think they can save that for later and start him on Raw to freshen that show up some. But that's just speculation.

Rey Mysterio talks WWE All-Stars, his future, and more at this link. I hope his knee continues to hold up well, though if he needs serious surgery he should get it. Mysterio will continue to be a part of that group of talent that's still relevant and important (and who can still work great matches) but at the same time helps get other talent up to their level.

HighSpots.com and Ric Flair have settled their legal dispute, though nothing more is known beyond this.

Shawn Michaels also has an interview up, recapped here. The rumors he mentions at the beginning, which haven't been mentioned by any credible sites to my knowledge, are that he'll be the special referee for Triple H vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania. That'd be cool, but I don't think that match needs it. In fact, it might distract from the big feud.

As far as Hall of Fame inductors, I'd be surprised if Ric Flair was able to do the honors. And I'm glad that he isn't letting some people's opinions of him drag him down. He could have named names here and talked a bunch of trash about them, but took the high road.

This week's edition of Impact did a 1.26 rating, which is a good prelude for next week's big show. Considering that their surprise only had a few days of online hype, I don't know how much that affected the ratings.

Superstars rebounded to a .57 with a .18 replay. I'm not sure the why of this, but am glad it improved.

That's all for Friday's news. More to come this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment