Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Smackdown hits milestone, Global Impact 3, Questions on Mr. WrestleMania, David Otunga, Cena's firing, and Hornswoggle, Lockdown details, HHH interview

Next week, WWE will tape the 600th episode of Smackdown. That's very impressive. Raw superstars will make appearances on the show as well. Namely, Jerry Lawler, The Miz, and the Elimination Chamber participants are scheduled for the taping.

TNA Global Impact 3 will be be online-exclusive apparently. It will feature action from a show in the Tokyo Dome from 1/4/11.

PWInsider.com has some more questions today. First up, who's the real Mr. WrestleMania, Shawn Michaels or Edge? You'd think that The Undertaker would be a candidate as well. I'm not enough of an expert to answer this one, but I think all three men have good claims to that title.

Next, my thoughts on David Otunga, and the rest of PWInsider.com's questions answered in my own thoughts. Plus, the rest of the day's news!

I think Otunga's good on the mic, but not great. He has good enough delivery, but I don't view him as higher than 2nd-in-command to Barrett or Punk as a group's mouthpiece. He, like a lot of NXT alumni, will have an interesting if uncertain future once the New Nexus and Corre angles run their course.

The next question really made me think. It asked if John Cena's character should have changed a bit when he was "fired" to get the male audience that boos him to get behind him. I didn't really think of it like that, but they certainly had an opportunity to. I'd like it if Cena had a bit more of an edge at times and less of the silly humor, but I don't know if his younger fans would embrace that as much. I haven't heard him get many boos in a while, come to think of it, so maybe his detractors aren't as peeved as they used to be. Some of that probably has something to do with him not being as big of a focus on the show with Miz, Lawler, Del Rio and the New Nexus getting more TV time.

Someone else has a list of potential Hall of Famers for this year. My answer would be pretty much the same as his. With Michael Hayes and Arn Anderson working there, The Freebirds and The Enforcer stand really good chances. Jim Cornette isn't on good terms with WWE, so I wouldn't expect him. It'd seem odd if The Midnight Express got in without him being there, so that's another unlikely one. I don't really know about the others. WWE's Hall of Fame's pretty hard to predict.

Finally, I'm not surprised in the least that Hornswoggle is still in WWE. They love throwing him out there as a kind of mascot for (I'm assuming) the kids. I'm not crazy about him, but they obviously see dollar signs with him.

TNA has officially announced that there will be a TNA World Title match and Lethal Lockdown at its next PPV event. Just as in years past, every match will be a cage match.

Triple H has an interview with IGN.com about a potential return, which he says will be sooner rather than later. He also says that he doesn't see Booker T. or Kevin Nash returning (to the ring) full-time. He also talks up Tough Enough.

That's all for this post. Up next, my analysis of today's financial news.

No comments:

Post a Comment