Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 2/25/11

On Sunday, Edge retained his World Heavyweight Championship in the Elimination Chamber match, only to be assaulted by Alberto Del Rio. Tonight starts Smackdown's road to WrestleMania XXVII where these two will collide. Read on for my thoughts on this show as it happens!
Interesting main event storyline.

Kane seemed kind of "off" in some spots tonight, but working with the smaller, faster and more mobile Mysterio certainly attributed to that.

Nice use of Dusty here. I wouldn't mind him being the Raw GM. He wouldn't get in the way of the action but would move things along. He's still a heck of a promo, and doesn't need to raise his voice to get over.

Dusty being in on the swerve was rather unexpected. I'd rather have had him being the voice of reason against his son, shocked that Cody would heinously go after Mysterio. That being said, Dusty played his part well here. I also think that Rhodes should drop the "Dashing" moniker since his looks were taken from him. I wonder if we'll get a mask vs. mask feud out of this?

I'm not really sure that I'm looking forward to a Laycool feud. I don't see any reason to split them up right now, given how thin the Divas division is with heels. I have faith that the two of them can pull it off though.

I wouldn't mind if Jack Swagger won Money In The Bank again this year, either at WrestleMania or the July PPV. I'd really like to see him earn a consistent main event spot.

Nice continuity nod with Chavo and Vickie.

At least Barrett didn't get totally squashed here. I'd still like him to look more credible.

Glad they did something a bit different with the Undertaker-HHH recap instead of just reshowing Monday's footage. I wish they'd go this route more often. This is a pretty epic clash.

No interview with Drew McIntyre? That would seem to be a no-brainer. He's going against the person he blames for Kelly being fired, and Kelly herself!

McIntyre is also on my "short list" for who should win MITB this year.

Nice explanation for why McIntyre would want to win this match for Vickie. I was wondering about that part of the puzzle.

I guess they had a lot of time to kill at the end of the show. Vickie was pretty good in her role though. Going to the different people around the ring and begging was a nice touch.

Edge really isn't that good of a singer.

I was wondering where Del Rio was this episode. I'm glad he attacked Edge, even if it was kind of predictable. Better predictable than a missed opportunity.

That's it for this week's Smackdown thoughts. I'll cover Raw on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment