Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Raw Thoughts- 2/14/11

Tonight I look at a Valentine's Day edition of Raw. A day so associated with positive feelings is leading into the barbaric Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Should be interesting. Read on for my thoughts on it.

We're really starting the show with Cena vs. Punk? I hate when they do that. There's a reason that NCAA saves the clashes of big teams for closer to the finals. If they had two #1 seeds go at it in the first round, what's there to have on later? I mean, I like a hot start to Raw and all, but they had almost 2 hours to suck us in to that match and they blew it.

Thankfully Raw doesn't get bumped by the dog show anymore!

Good match psychology by Punk and Cena. Nice ending too. I still think it should have gone on almost last (if they're doing the guest host bit last).

I'll mention this in my new post as well, but best wishes to Jerry Lawler and his family after the passing of his mother.

Very interesting set-up with the World Title situation and Teddy Long attack.

 I don't know if "Lumberjill" is a word or not, but I always kind of smirk a bit when I hear it. I have a weird sense of humor. Also, Natalya's move where she had Eve above her holding on to her limbs is usually called a Mexican Surfboard, but I'd refer to it as a Canadian Surfboard with Natalya doing it.

So there are to face Divas in the ring, and the Lumberjills that got involved were heels. Makes sense. Kind of a quick match, but good for what it was. Glad we didn't see a heel turn at the end. That spot's too obvious now. Not to mention that I don't see a reason to turn Natalya heel now.

It's still kind of new seeing the Bellas as heels. It wouldn't hurt to add Natalya/Eve vs. the Bellas for Sunday. If they're not doing anything better with the Divas then, it's worth a shot.

Nice continuation of Sheamus vs. Mark Henry. I wonder where this is going and if it will tie in to Triple H's return. Maybe they should do that feud for Mania, and save his return for later. Mania doesn't need as much help in the buyrate department as other shows.

Nice main event for Smackdown #600 too. I'm glad it's face vs. heels instead of Raw vs. Smackdown.

I'm starting to get a "This Loser is You" vibe from WWE's presentation of Daniel Bryan. A nerd vegan who takes wrestling very seriously and has trouble with women? Sounds like someone's idea of a stereotypical Miz-hater.

Miz and Bryan have pretty good chemistry, which is a bit of a surprise. Bryan has plenty of high impact moves and submissions, but without that "it factor", charisma, and marketability, he'll be passed by as a main eventer.

Nice match with Morrison and R-Truth vs. Ryan and Otunga. They didn't have two faces umm... face off and were still able to build to the Elimination Chamber.

I can't wait to read Chris Jericho's books. I'm way behind on my wrestling reading!

I totally thought that April Winter was going to be the Guest Host of WrestleMania when I first saw her out. We dodged a bullet there. Not that I dislike her, but there are surely better choices to do the deed. Especially with all the hype put into it.

Yes, the Khali Kiss Cam is goofy. But I can understand it on Valentine's Day. Except for that weird out-of-nowhere and out-of-character bit with William Regal. I'm just going to... try to forget that. And heck, maybe the rest of the segment too.


Say, doesn't Sting live near here? Yeah, not happening.

I really like these 2/21/11 videos. Supposedly that "cabin" is similar to old Western undertakers' houses. So, there's that.

I know it's kind of cliché, but I liked the big confrontation at the end of Orton vs. Sheamus. I kind of wish it could have sunk in more before they went back to the limo, but I see why they did it that way.

Unless The Rock is a lot less tan and shaves his legs (and wears high heels), I don't think that's who the guest host is. My first thought was Stephanie McMahon. That'd be a little odd. She is the head of Creative, but I don't think she'd add much on-screen to Mania.

Whhaa? Oh I guess the lights and stuff went out because he's so "electrifying". That struck me as a little odd. I was thinking some kind of female equivalent of The Undertaker or something. Weird swerve.

I'm not hugely surprised at this, as Rock did tease another appearance "sooner than we think".

I wonder how soon that T-shirt will sell out at WWE.com?

How crazy is it seeing The Rock in a WWE ring in 2011?

The Rock can afford any fines for cursing on-air. I liked seeing him verbally abuse Michael Cole.

Am I really seeing The Rock insult WWE's top babyface... on WWE TV!? What are they building towards her between Rock, Cena, and Miz?

That was certainly an interesting series of developments. Pretty cool way to get us all into the Road to WrestleMania.

If anything big is mentioned in the Post-Raw chat, I'll bring it up in a news post. That's got to be a bigger plug than for tomorrow's NXT. News upcoming, NXT tomorrow. Now if you'll excuse me I have a live chat to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment