Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Raw thoughts- 2/28/11

The Rock's coming back to Raw tonight to respond to John Cena. Triple H will also appear.The road to WrestleMania continues. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Interesting way to start the night. Heck of a promo. You'd think that HHH's character would still find getting revenge on Sheamus a challenge, seeing as how he's the reason that he missed so many months.

Are you serious? So, last year, Sheamus was able to beat HHH so viciously that he missed almost a year, and now he's being disposed of this easily? What's the point of destroying someone you've built up as a new star, in a time when you need more new stars? Not to mention that they just totally blew at least one PPV match between the two by making Sheamus look like such a non-entity. This is BS. I mean, that's TNA bad as far as pointless burials go.

Nice teaser by WWE with The Rock Facebook thing.

Paul looks insanely unfunny. I'm guessing it's written by the same people who do WWE's Hornswoggle segments.

Anyone who wants to argue that Triple H holds back young talent has evidence in their favor here.

I don't think that moved Bourne up the card as much as it brought Sheamus down it.

Why did it take so long for someone to find out that Michael Cole could cut such good heel promos?

Saba Simba. There's a name from the past. Tony Atlas had that gimmick back in the day.

This is how they use Swagger for WrestleMania? Is it "Damage Young Talents' Credibility" Day? This guy was World Champion around this time last year, and now he's mostly back in the midcard. Why not Alex Riley? Where'd Swagger even come from in this feud?

The Orton-Punk scenario is more basic booking, but that's not a problem. I was a bit worried that they'd go Orton vs. Punk in a cage tonight (since there's a cage above the ring), but fortunately they're saving the match for the big show. Kind of weird that they don't just go the cage route, though I guess they'll save that for the next PPV. I don't know if the feud can stay fresh that long.

Oh, if anyone's wondering where Husky Harris is, he's injured in storyline and is at least temporarily back in FCW. Is that what happens to the other New Nexus members when Orton inevitably lays them all out?

Whoa, they're already pushing Sin Cara? I wonder how many parents will get masks for the wrong wrestler as gifts. I also wonder how long they can postpone the seemingly inevitable feud with Rey Mysterio. He was a big babyface in Mexico, so I imagine WWE will keep him in that role.

Another top-level promo by The Miz. I wonder how The Rock will actually be involved at Mania. Cena's promo was... odd. I didn't care for it.

I hate when they throw things like cage matches out of the blue with little hype. Those are supposed to be a pretty big deal. Like hearing from Shawn Michaels in a feud between his best friend and fiercest rival.

Maybe we end up with the Bellas vs. Eve and Gail at WrestleMania? I was kind of expecting Amazing Kong to come out and dominate, but I guess they think it's too soon for her to show up.

The Rock having a promo war with John Cena is one of those things you never think will happen but does. It's something like Rock vs. Hogan 9 years back, but on a smaller scale. (In this case, Hogan is Rock, and Rock is Cena). Intense performance by the Great One, and he made some good points. Talk about your "worked shoots". Nice use of the lights in that segment as well.

I guess that we'll continue the theme on Friday with Undertaker destroying Kane and/or The Corre.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels had a WAR a decade or so ago. I'm glad they showed footage of it.

Nice building up of The Miz. He needs it much more than Cena or Rock.

I'm going for "Riley loses, but gets a WWE contract later (instead of one with Miz)" here. That or something screwy with the "escape" stipulation. Not that I'm complaining if they go either of those routes. Just guessing.

I like Miz taking the picture of Cena and (presumably) put it on Twitter. That's awesome, whether it was planned or not.

I'm pretty sure that that's the first time I've seen a Blackberry used as a weapon in a wrestling match. And a  cage match nonetheless.

Well, that was an interesting ending. I wonder where they go from here.

Kind of a mixed bag tonight, with things I really liked and things I really didn't.

That's all for tonight's thoughts. Tomorrow I'll look at the final episode of NXT Season 4 (No word on a theoretical Season 5, for the record).

No comments:

Post a Comment