Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Questions on a Miz DVD, the Crippler Crossface, and changing TNA, Kelly Kelly interview, USA's post-WrestleMania chedule

Here's a rundown of Saturday's news, starting with PWInsider.com's questions:

I don't think we'll see a Miz DVD any time soon (I'd give it a good while. Not that I don't like Miz, but it's still fairly early in his career. Maybe if you call it Volume 1 or something?), but if we do I'd put on his Falls Count Anywhere match with John Morrison, his TLC Match with Jerry Lawler, and his Money In The Bank win for sure.

Apparently it's ok to use the Crippler Crossface again in WWE, but they obviously (and for good reason) don't refer to it by that name. It's kind of chilly seeing that move following the Benoit tragedy. It should be used rarely I think.

Next up, how would I change TNA?

That's a loaded question! Looking at how I would book Against All Odds should give you some indication. But that's just me using the roster they have and the storylines they have to a better effect. There are a number of talents in the company that I'd want to eliminate, but if they draw money and ratings I'd feel that I had to keep them. I'm not a fan of the X-Division, but if they make money, I'd keep it around.

The bottom line is this: if you add to the company or I feel that you can, you're pretty likely to stay. If not, your odds aren't as good. That goes for wrestlers, creative, everyone. One name I will throw out there that I'd add is Dutch Mantell. I watched the guest booker DVD with him, and think he'd be a pretty good hand to improve the company. I might even defer most (if not all) creative decisions to him. He certainly has more knowledge and experience than I do.

Kelly Kelly had an interview with the Miami Herald where she discussed numerous topics. She credits Tommy Dreamer, Test, and Michelle McCool with helping her career.

USA Network will air the previous week's Tough Enough before Raw every Monday, with the new episode on afterward. The debut week of Tough Enough will feature (a replay of) the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony before Raw. Tough Enough will also air before AM Raw.

That's all for Saturday's news. More to come after Against All Odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment