Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Raw Reax - 7/16/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on Raw.

I liked Punk's promo until Show came out, but I could say that about just about anything involving Show these days. Punk was "on" as he always is, and Show wasn't terrible.


I wish there was more of a feud and hype behind this tag title match instead of just being thrown out there after a commercial break.

Pretty good tag match between two talented teams. Darren's growing as an entertainer and a Titus is growing  in the ring. I'm fine with the champs retaining since I don't think PTP are quite ready yet.

Good promo backstage to set up the mixed tag. I'm liking that Divas are getting roles outside of the title hunt.

Ryder vs. Del Rio was fine for re-establishing Del Rio.

I thought they'd save Rey for next week!!! I guess they know Rey vs. Del Rio works so they're going ack to it.

I was a little underwhelmed to see Rikishi, and I was a fan of his back in the day. The segment was a fine little distraction from main storylines.

Post-match was fine. I'll just kind of be glad when we're past all the nostalgia.

I liked the mixed tag from a story standpoint. Intriguing advancement for Bryan.

Crazy, fun story advancement for Bryan and AJ. This is what I like to see from WWE.

Fine segment to give Ryback a real feud. I look forward to those two facing off more.

Pretty good segment between Ziggler and Jericho. Ziggler reminds me of Jericho in some ways. I hope they feud and Jericho elevates his work closer to main event level.

One great thing about shifting posts til the next day will be skipping social media things and video packages.

Brodus vs. JTG was fine for what it was. It didn't accomplish much, but it was a good little distraction.

Punk vs. Show got kind of painful. Show's just way too lumbering at this point.

Good post-match, though I wish they'd save MITB for later.

I'll be back for Superstars and Impact on Friday. A news post will be up around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment