Total Pageviews

Friday, July 20, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/19/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
I liked Santino vs. Jinder for what it was. It wasn't a clash of titans, just a way to fill time. I wish Jinder was being used more. He'd make a good challenger to Santino, come to think of it.

Rhodes vs. Riley was pretty solid. I'm glad it went a good length.

Pretty good energy with The Usos vs. Bateman and Curtis. I wouldn't mind the latter teaming regularly. I'm assuming that they patched things up on NXT. WWE doesn't put it up on the website anymore, so I don't watch it.

I liked Sin Cara vs. McIntyre. Both guys are good and I hope both get used more as we go into 3 hour Raws.

Impact Wrestling:
Strong Storm promo as always.

Good beat-down segment. I hope Aces and Eights is something like TNA's Nexus. They could use some new faces working over long-established names.

Good promo by Joe. I wouldn't mind Aries vs. Joe at BFG in the least.

Joe vs. Dinero was pretty nice. Follow-up will be key for Dinero, but it made Joe look pretty good.

Robbie E vs. Hardy was good to give E some points without taking away from Hardy. E and T make a good little heel act.

No. NNNOOOO. More ODB and EY. Why, TNA?

More garbage about Claire, too. I'm glad WWE's moved away from this kind of angle.

I liked the interruption of Gut Check, though I'd have liked to have seen what Shaw brought to the table.

So-so Anderson promo. At least he stayed away from his catchphrases.

Anderson vs. Styles was NICE. Good action.

No signs of the Claire angle getting any better. People would rather watch this than Raw with Punk and Bryan?

Not a bad promo from RVD. It's just hard to take a guy known mainly for smoking weed and acrobatics seriously as a fighter sometimes.

RVD vs. Daniels was good while it lasted. The ending was just a little flat.

I liked Aries' segment. Glad he's getting pushed.

Fine segment with Brooke to continue the angle with Hulk. The longer he's off TV to sell the attack the better. He's not fresh enough to rebound within a few weeks.

Fine segment with Park and Garett, too.

Magnus put on a hell of a match with Ray. He should be used better.

I'm kind of looking forward to Chavo in TNA IF they use him to elevate the talented undercard.

Strong match from Aries and Roode. They've earned their spots.

I like the continuation of the Aces and Eights angle. They're pushing something new and interesting instead of Sting and Hogan. Follow-up with the older guys returning is going to make or break this.

I'll have Smackdown up tomorrow. Up next, a news post.

No comments:

Post a Comment