Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Note on Lawler, Questions on the Steiners, Aces and 8s, "ruined" wrestling, new blood, and GMs

Everything about Jerry Lawler's heart attack on Raw was legitimate, WWE confirmed to TMZ. More on him in future posts.

For my take on the 9/10 PWInsider.com questions:
1. I hear their names thrown around at times. It might be a while before WWE puts them in the Hall. Can you trust them with a live mic?

2. TNA's trying to misdirect people a bit by having different people in the roles so online fans don't know who it's going to be. They could be kind of auditioning people in the roles, too. The names I've seen attached  have been good, so things MIGHT turn out well for it.

After the break, I go into everything else from 9/10.

3. I also don't think it was breaking kayfabe that "ruined" wrestling. There are still great matches in WWE. They're just not out to pop hardcore fans, but tell stories. It results in some formulaic matches, but the ECW approach leads to a lot of dangerous spots and senseless violence in some matches. It's not sustainable.

4. They can still do it! It's just that the names mentioned mean jack to the average WWE fan and would have to be built up. 

5. It's been a LONG time since I've seen a wrestling promotion without an authority figure booking things (since I just watch WWE and TNA). I think the GM/Chairman/COO is a useful way to move stories along, though there are only so many stories you can do with it.

More news when I'm able!

No comments:

Post a Comment