Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Smackdown Reax - 8/24/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 8/24 Smackdown.

Fine enough opening segment. I'm hoping for a triple threat, though it's risky to put Orton in the World Title picture with two strikes on him. Maybe they could throw Ziggler or Barrett in the mix to help build a new star?

And Ryback gets another win. Not a dominant win, but a win. I'd like to see him work with some veterans who can guide him through longer matches. He can't be in squash mode forever.

Not a bad Divas match. The division isn't exactly on fire right now, and as much as I like Kaitlyn as a performer I don't think she'll add but so much to the mix.

Maybe Eve gets involved in a triple threat or something? They need a heel here. I'm fine with them building Kaitlyn but face vs. face is kind of boring.

Dolph vs. Sheamus will be a good test for the MITB holder.

Good story with Cara, Slater, and Rhodes. I hope Cara vs. Rhodes catches on as both have potential.

Good work between Ziggler and Sheamus. I was half-expecting Del Rio to interfere, so it's good they got some more heat on Ziggler. If they play their cards right, they just might have something with him.

I like the Barrett video packages. I hope he comes back in a big way. It's time for WWE to elevate some new main eventers.

Not exactly how I was hoping they'd continue Cesaro/Santino, but it can work. I hope the focus is on the wrestlers and not puppets or managers. Both guys are talented undercarders.

Fine little tag match. We've just seen these four face off so many times before.

Tag Team Turmoil at Night of Champions would be a great way to reinvigorate the division. I'm still hoping that we eventually get Kassius Ohno teaming with Antonio Cesaro in WWE, but why rush it?

Nice wrinkle with Eve as GM assistant. I don't think I'd mind her in the Vickie role as GM.

Del Rio just got a clean win over Orton!!!??? Maybe they're as cautious with Randy as they should be. It's going to be tough keeping Del Rio/Sheamus fresh and finding something to do with Orton.

Orton vs. Ziggler for the briefcase at NoC would be nice. Of course, Ziggler should get the nod or his build-up would be for nothing.

More shows covered when I'm able. Up next, news posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment