Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Raw Reax - 9/3/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 9/3 Raw.

I liked the opener, getting us right into things. I wish other talent got the kind of character development and TV time that Punk does.

Punk cuts the best promos on the roster. He's not playing a character. He's himself turned up to 11. I like that a lot. Sheamus on the other hand is more choreographed in his promos. He sounds kind of silly saying things like "arse".

Champ vs. Champ is WrestleMania worthy. I hope something happens to leave that score unsettled. Neither man should be losing clean at this point.

Orton vs. Ziggler was a pretty good match, but I don't think it did much to elevate Ziggler. Better than the match on Smackdown in that regard, though.

I'm not feeling this anger management stuff. There are plenty of shows to watch for comedy.

I guess I'm ok with that tag match. I'd like to think that Cara and Rhodes will be big money draws in time if they're cultivated right.

I get the point of the anger management skits to kind of reset things, but is that really the best use of those two?

I love Punk "punking out" of things. He's a better fit as a douchebag than a babyface.

I don't necessarily think that Sheamus needed to break the formula by adding a submission move, but it definitely helped things. Swagger continues to fall.

And that's how you use a manager. Heel escapes, face stands tall, and it saves action for Night of Champions.

Kind of a weird Divas' match. I'd like more development for the title match (which should be a triple threat or something else with Eve involved for there to be heat).

Maybe Swagger comes back as a badass chain wrestler. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Glad the anger management skits are over.

Jesus, Ryback's never going to move past quick squashes, is he?

Bryan and Kane's segment was comical in a way and a waste of TV time in others. I hope Bryan comes out of this strong.

Title matches should almost always have some advance hype. Championships should be important plot devices.

 Is this really the best WWE can do with Cesaro and Santino? I hope that was just a prelude to a longer match at NoC.

Ryder vs. Slater was pretty much filler. If filler matches led to ratings, Superstars would still be on TV.

Pretty big segment for AJ and Vickie. I think they might really have something there. Not quite Austin/McMahon, but it's something.

Good main event that wouldn't have been out of place on a PPV. I really liked the ending.

I'll be back for Superstars and Impact Wrestling when I'm able. News posts are coming up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment