Total Pageviews

Friday, September 27, 2013

JR addresses TNA, Interviews with Sunny/Ryback/Henry/Kharma/Konnan, the Big Red Political Machine, more on Cena/Capri-Sun and Questions on WWE's look, Evan Bourne, Bryan vs. HHH, Cena getting married and Striker-WWE

"Retired" WWE executive/announcer Jim Ross updated his Q&A, stating that he has "no interest" in going to TNA. It's possible TNA could make him an offer that would cause him to reconsider, but right now going there is not something he's planning on doing. I definitely wouldn't hang my hat on it happening.

The former Sunny gave an interview. Here are some highlights. Some controversial remarks there. AJ and Kaitlyn don't have passion for the business? You've got to be kidding me.

Kane was a part of a podcast with Libertarian politician Ron Paul. Since it's not wrestling related, I won't post it here.

Here's a Ryback interview. I like how dedicated he is to being the best.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Mark Henry was interviewed recently, where he reiterated that he's signed a 3-year contract extension. It's believed this will be his last WWE contract as a wrestler.

Here's an official press release on John Cena working with the makers of Capri-Sun. I used to drink those a lot. There's an art form to getting that sharp straw in the pouch.

Kharma talked about possibly returning to WWE, her time in TNA and more. I absolutely think that TNA should be listening to more young people and not focusing on the fans who remember Hogan and Sting. As for her returning to WWE, that would be great.

Konnan talked about the (in?)famous Max Moon gimmick from WWF. I still find it hilarious that such a serious gangster character was once in such a silly character. But, hey, people remember it all these years later and that's something that a lot of wrestlers can't say. I can just picture that conversation with Vince about dancing. Overall, a great read about an earlier time in WWE history.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As was said, WWE wants to have a really flashy, high-end looking product and not the "dark and dreary fight club" look they had during the Attitude Era. It's something of a change in business philosophy.

2. I haven't seen any news about Bourne for quite a while (following that NXT live event where he faced Sami Zayn). If he's been healthy this whole time, it doesn't seem like WWE knows what to do with him. With a number of other young, hot prospects around who don't have two Wellness strikes, I can't say that I blame WWE for bypassing him.

3. I also feel that having Bryan vs. Orton for the WWE Title on PPV that many times in such a short timeframe is overkill. Bryan vs. HHH is the obvious way to go, I think. Involving HBK isn't a bad idea, BUT the end focus should be getting Bryan over, not dragging out yet another HHH/HBK story. I really like both performers and their histories, but neither are full-time active wrestlers (or likely to become full-time active wrestlers any time soon).

4. I get this weird feeling that he's going to get married on a future season of "Total Divas". But for now, he's not married.

5. Not only is he not back with WWE; he's already working elsewhere.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment