Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 9/27/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Smackdown.







Superstars:
Not a bad opening tag match at all. And Sandow didn't lose!

Looks like they're making up for Sandow not losing. I wonder who he pissed off backstage?

The second tag match was fine, too, although I wish it was longer. It dawned on me during this match that Tons of Funk are actually pretty good workers (not amazing workers, but pretty good workers) stuck with a comedy gimmick. It's ok to have some light-hearted gimmicks to liven things up.

Smackdown:
Pretty good opening segment to further the HHH angle. I don't have high hopes for Miz getting put over tonight.

Not a bad opening match at all for re-establishing Del Rio. He's quite a smooth wrestler. Truth is great as the veteran used to help others get over.

Cool for RVD to get some revenge on Del Rio. I'm still hoping they put Del Rio over big in this feud as the younger, full-time guy.

The hardcore match should be a lot of fun. Hopefully they don't go overboard with weapons, etc. for the sake of weapons. The type of fan who wants to see senseless violence is usually insanely hard to please and expects too much.

Glad PTP got some screen time outside of a match. I'd like to see more character development for people who aren't already "made".

Fine Colter promo. I feel it might be time to add something new to the character or do something to shift the focus more toward the wrestlers.

That was a pretty good tag match. I see potential in everyone in that ring. I'm not a big fan of Young tapping out, but other than that, I was impressed. Note as always that me seeing potential in someone doesn't mean I think they could all be future main eventers/World Champions. It just means I'm impressed with what I've seen from them and think they can contribute further in the future in more prominent roles. That might be in a few months or a few years.

Fine match to show the Wyatts as a dominant force. I hope the act lives up to its full potential. They stand out from other less colorful acts both inside the ring and as characters. In a world where so many try to be "the best wrestler", they wisely have gone in a different direction.

Not a bad match between Ziggler and Ambrose. I wonder what they could pull out if they had a lot of time and a gimmick match.

The post-match made sense. I'm glad HHH is visible in his role and Smackdown isn't being treated as unimportant for once.

Nice six-man tag. I enjoy everyone in that match as they all work hard.

Cool HHH/Show segment. I like that they're letting this one simmer for a while before the two of them go at it.

I like the idea of teaming AJ and Tamina. I'm more than willing to see what Tamina brings to the table this time. I hope she's been working hard during her time off.

Jesus, Cameron was clunky in this one. As in "not ready to wrestle on TV" clunky. There are so many Divas with years of experience who should get a spot before her. Anyway, the match was fine for continuing the Divas' angle. I'm glad the division is getting some attention now. And how awesome is AJ? I've been a fan since NXT Season 3, but she's really come a long way since then. She went from someone who showed potential to someone really comfortable in her role. I hope others on the roster follow her lead in that regard.

I don't think anyone believes Ryback will beat Punk. His character's fallen a long way since being a main eventer. That said, Heyman's doing his best.

That match was something. I found it really amusing, but I can see how others wouldn't.

I like that Los Matadores are being treated as a big deal. They're doing a good job with showcasing new stars.

Orton vs. Miz was fine to continue Orton being a ruthless heel.

Ouch. I like the idea of Orton being vicious again and this match continued that. They've got quite a good story going here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment