Total Pageviews

Monday, September 23, 2013

Query on stockholders taking over WWE, famed British promotion returning, Interview with Santino, Fan attack at TNA, Updates on Big Zeke and Eugene, more NXT/live event notes and Questions on Cena not being injured, the BFG Series, HHH, Show's contract and announce teams

First up, a query:
1. I don't see there being any way for stockholders to wrest control of WWE from the McMahon family, since they and their associates own most of the stock.

Matt Striker will join the revived World of Sport promotion. I bet that's a dream come true for him.

Santino Marella talked about his new training facility and more. Pretty good little read. He's gotten a lot further than a lot of people probably expected given how he debuted.

A fan attempted to attack Kazarian at a recent TNA live event, but was handled by security. I wonder if he'll cut a promo on YouTube like the guy who attacked Orton?

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Ezekiel Jackson is still injured following a muscle tear. He's only had one match in the last 14 months. I think he could have an uphill battle making it back to TV, especially the longer he has to heal. Just look at Evan Bourne.

Nick Dinsmore (Eugene) is expected to relocate to Orlando shortly to work as part of WWE's Performance Center. I think he'll be someone good to learn from.

Sami Zayn beat Jack Swagger again at the most recent WWE live event. I bet that was a great match. Some have Zayn pegged as the next Rey Mysterio.

John Laurinaitis worked live events as well. I'm guessing this is a case of them not wanting to spend extra money on someone like Vickie or Maddox when Laurinaitis was already backstage. Zeb Colter sadly wasn't in attendance.

NXT Champion Bo Dallas worked a U.S. Title match on the live event loop with Dean Ambrose and Fandango. Ambrose retained. I wonder who will make the main roster first between Bo and Zayn.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It wouldn't shock me if he was in the top babyface role ahead of Bryan. They might have done some kind of three-way feud with Bryan trying to prove himself alongside Cena and Orton.

2. I'm not sure what happened there, unless it was just a case of them only wanting to do a certain number of matches or they had a plan that needed the point totals at a certain level and live event matches would have interfered with that. I find the whole thing extremely complicated. I bet it's a nightmare to book.

3. Maybe. Right now, that doesn't seem like the direction they're going in. I don't see any reason to bring it up.

4. It could have been a slip-up. He still has the "ironclad" contract as far as I know.

5. I think they pretty much nailed it. One thing I'd love to see WWE do is take reign over the announce team, or otherwise get them to stop arguing with each other and making ridiculous jokes at the expense of putting over the "sports entertaining contests" going on in the ring.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment