Total Pageviews

Monday, September 16, 2013

Night of Champions Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Night of Champions PPV.
Pre-show:
Good Heyman/Maddox segment. I love that Heyman is selling Punk as a serious threat.

Not a huge surprise that PTP won, though it felt like they were putting their eggs in the Uso basket recently since they were actually feuding with The Shield. The match itself was good, if a little short for what was theoretically 4 matches put together.

Night of Champions:
I love the spotlight of former champions to show how important titles are. Of course, the IWC will be right back to "titles don't matter in WWE" mode shortly.

Really good opening segment with HHH, Heyman, and Axel other than Axel being called "middle aged" at 33. I'm very curious to see how the WWE Title match goes with no interference. I think we're in for some crazy swerve.

Axel vs. Kofi was pretty good. It just seems like it's the same old story for Kofi as a babyface chasing second-tier titles. I don't think he should turn heel necessarily. I just want his character doing something new and getting some actual development.

Pretty cool stuff with RVD and Ricardo. The sling was a nice touch to put over Del Rio's ability.

Nice Divas segment. This could be interesting.

That was a surprising finish. I really expected there to be come kind of continuation of the story. A screwjob ending or something to set up a babyface win down the line for Natalya to tie in to "Total Divas". And where the heck is Kaitlyn?

Not a bad match at all between Del Rio and Van Dam. Both men really stepped it up, and unlike TNA they didn't need a gimmick or a bunch of weapons to have a good World Title match.

Good post-match to get RVD's momentum back after a loss. I'm hoping we get Del Rio getting a big win over RVD in a Cell.

Another good Heyman/Axel segment. I hope Axel isn't just a 3rd wheel here.

Good segment with Orton and HHH as well. I'm ready for that main event.

Ehh. That match was just kind of there. It felt like they had time to fill, but not TOO much time. Still no Rosa. Are we just supposed to forget that she ever existed?

That was pretty good as far as understandably convoluted no DQ handicap matches involving non-wrestlers go. Punk's beatdown of Heyman was awesome, even though I'm surprised that Ryback let him get so much offense in before making the save. Punk needs another dragon to slay before getting a rematch with Brock and Ryback needs something to make him relevant again. It's a win-win. Also, chairs to the head are never a good idea in 2013.

I was hoping that Ambrose vs. Ziggler would get more time since both men show such promise. Good match, but I know they can do better.

Start those Sting vs. Taker rumors after that U.S. Title poll. Honestly, I'd much rather see Brock vs. Taker or Taker and Sting vs. The Shield. But maybe there's still a big audience out there for Taker vs. Sting and it would be worth a shot. I hope Sting hangs it up after that one, though.

Not a bad Tag Team Title match at all. I wouldn't mind a Round 2 at Battleground with a possible Round 3 at HIAC.

>WWE.com fans vote Hogan as greatest WWE Champ. Now we'll never get rid of him!

That was a huge win for Bryan. I didn't expect that one to happen. I'm sure people will still say that this angle isn't about getting him over, but the fact remains that he's beaten Cena and Orton in the main event on consecutive PPVs. The match itself was amazing. Both guys deserve credit for the drama there.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment