Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Raw Reax - 9/9/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

They started off with a bang having Edge out there early. The segment was mostly good, but I didn't like HHH burying Edge's accomplishments. This guy isn't the Brooklyn Brawler or Iron Mike Sharpe. He's held a number of top titles and headlined a lot of PPVs. Not to mention all the merch he sold. Why must HHH's character be seen as "better"/"more of a legend" than just about everyone?

Now, kicking Edge out is a different story. That's perfect for a heel authority figure to do because it doesn't in of itself make someone look like some kind of failure who's only over in Canada.

Kofi vs. Axel was fine to keep Axel's story going. I have a feeling we're going to get this match-up a lot.

The post-match was cool. I just hope that's not all we get from Heyman tonight.

I like that they're showing who Goldust is so it means something that he's here. I'm sure he'll get buried tonight, too.

Looks like Heyman's trying to get out of Sunday's match. Clever.

Cool segment between Booker and Show. There's some history there.

Ahh, the Wyatt Family.

And Ziggler goes right back down to where he was before winning MITB. I wish they would protect him a little more. I can't complain that they're keeping the Wyatt train going, though.

That was a pretty good segment with Heyman, Maddox, Punk et al.. I'm looking forward to NoC.

Fine stuff in that Divas' match. I don't think I'd mind Natalya walking out as Champion due to the "Total Divas" frenzy. I don't think it'd be too hard to rebuild AJ.

Nice showing as always from Del Rio. He looks good going into Sunday (so presumably they'll do something to devalue him before then).

I wanted a longer promo from Colter, but that was good.

They were in a tough bind there, because they wanted Santino to look good in his return without damaging Cesaro too much. Good match, and I'm glad Santino's back. He's entertaining in the right doses.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Miz vs. Fandango. The match was ok, though.

So, are we getting Miz vs. Fandango on Sunday or not? And where's Rosa Mendes? It's frustrating looking for continuity in WWE sometimes.

Great Goldust segment. They tapped into some real emotions there.

Orton vs. Goldust was pretty awesome. I love it when two veterans show how it's done (while thye still have gas in the tank). I liked the end-game especially.

Nice post-match promo. I'm really feeling Orton's character right now. If everything goes well, this could be a really good angle.

I haven't seen Primo and Epico work in a while, so I'm curious to see how Los Matadores perform.

I liked Del Rio's pre-match promo. Nice quip about chanting "ADR". He should try to make that a thing. Del Rio: A-D-R. Crowd: Sucks! etc..

Nice enough Ryback/RVD match. Glad they're not devaluing Ryback this week.

Good post-match, though I wish it was ADR standing over Van Dam since they have the match on Sunday.

Bryan vs. Ambrose is headlining Raw. Awesome. The match itself was really good, though I think that back body drop bump was unnecessarily big.

I enjoyed the ending to the show to continue the drama. I think we could be in for some fun stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment