Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 8, 2013

NXT stars on live events, injured WWE star returns, Cena update, Zayn footage, Interviews with RVD/Miz, Bruno appearance, Raw match, and Questions on The Shield, Cryme Tyme, dream matches, and TNA on the road,

NXT Champion Bo Dallas defeated Tyson Kidd on this weekend's live events in Canada. Also on the show was NXT's Sami Zayn defeating Antonio Cesaro to a great reaction.

In order:
-I'm very glad that Kidd is back in action after his big injury. Can he and Gabriel get a push as a team now? Kidd and Gabriel vs. The Shield would be awesome!

-I've seen some of Zayn in NXT and he's been very impressive. Should they put him on the roster after less than a year in developmental? Maybe not. He's 29, so it's not like there's a huge rush to bring him up. But he's definitely gotten high praise and he shouldn't stay down there forever.

-As for Bo, I can see him being brought up as the heels' "Chosen One" who's pushed because management likes him (as opposed to being so good that we have to see him). I think that role would fit him based on what we've seen in NXT.

-Either way, it's good that they've got a lot of younger talent working hard to be the future of THE BUSINESS.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Here's another "Cena has stitches" picture. We can't even escape him when he's hurt. This is barely a story!

Here's footage of Sami Zayn in Montreal. He did get a pretty good reaction. The "Ole" chant is from his days of El Generico. It will be interesting to see how Los Matadores fare with that word being a part of their gimmick. It will also be interesting to see how well Zayn gets over in front of fans who don't know him from his indie days. He's a keeper for sure if he can get over with the audience at large.

RVD talked about giving up marijuana for WWE and more.


What can you do, right? I think marijuana just results in fines and not strikes on the Wellness policy, but either way, Management probably wouldn't be happy with him if he kept blazing up.

The Miz talked in Abu Dhabi. I wonder if we'll still get ShoMiz vs. The Shield now that Henry's cleared.

Bruno Sammartino will be at The Feast of San Gennaro from 9/13 to 9/15. It's still pretty cool to me that he worked things out with WWE to be in the Hall of Fame. What if HE comes back for a cameo in the ongoing HHH angle to scold the COO for what he's doing to THIS BUSINESS? I think they might have to do it in New York, since a lot of fans sadly don't know who Bruno is, but that'd be pretty cool.

Randy Orton vs. Goldust has been set for Raw. If Goldust wins and Cody Rhodes apologizes, Cody can come back to WWE. One guy's the WWE Champion and the other's only in WWE for cameos at this point. I think I can guess who's going over. But that's ok! I like the direction they're going with the story. And I'm totally ok with Cody paying homage to the Midnight Rider in this angle. It makes perfect sense.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's hilarious to me that the IWC complains that so many angles are too simple, and then when something that requires a little bit of thought to put together comes along, they're bewildered. I was also under the impression that their services were available to the highest bidder. Obviously Heyman hadn't used them in a while, so they were free for HHH to use.

2. Sometimes tag team breakups work out and some times they don't. It happens. I thought it was worth a shot to split them up, though I did really enjoy their gimmick.

3. Hindsight's 20/20. WWE's not as stupid as a lot of people think.

4. This could be the longest question I've ever seen. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said.

Nothing to add to 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment