Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Raw Reax - 9/16/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Pretty solid opening segment to continue the big WWE Title angle. I hope everyone complaining about Bryan not getting to leave Summerslam with the Title (saving the cash-in for the Raw after) is happy now. I think they can really make Bryan huge (and show the WWE Title as super important) if they do this angle right.

Nice backstage segment with Stephanie and Orton. Something tells me they're teasing dissension that won't boil over any time soon.

I liked the rematch for Ziggler and Ambrose and am glad they got to show what they can do with a little more time. I also liked that they rubbed in that Ambrose is still U.S. Champ.

Fine continuation of things with Show. I don't know what I'm hoping for with him in this angle.

I liked Fandango vs. R-Truth. Neither guy's really doing anything right now, but this match didn't need to serve a higher purpose.

I like that they do these little segments going into commercial breaks to get people to stick around.

I really liked the Dusty/Stephanie segment. There was a lot of passion there from everyone. The only thing I hated was the "Virgil Runnels" comment. I think if anything using a performer's real name signals "this is a storyline we're trying to pass on as real".

Fine little Divas match. I'm glad WWE is giving them some more time lately.

I'm glad they're building AJ as the top Diva, but it kind of takes the heat away from a rematch with Natalya that AJ made her tap.

Another clean Sandow loss. I get that they wanted RVD to recover after not taking the World Title, but they're devaluing Sandow as a potential World Champion.

At the rate they're going, it wouldn't shock me if Sandow fails his cash-in (which doesn't sound like a good idea on paper).

You'd think it was TNA in here with all these firings going on. I wonder if Dixie tells everyone it's best for business when they're let go.

Orton vs. Miz was pretty good as a heat-getting exercise.

Fine stuff with Heyman and Ryback. I don't see this as a long-term thing necessarily, but it'll help Ryback get back in the mix of things.

The elimination tag match was pretty good. I'm glad it got enough time for everyone to show what they can do.

Interesting stuff with Bray Wyatt. It's about time for them to actually do something of note again.

I liked the backstage bit with Bryan. Simple but effective.

Nice main event. Bryan looked good, and the heels kept their heat without losing.

Oh, snap! It looks like we've finally got some people who will stand up to HHH's regime. I continue to really like this angle, as it feels pretty fresh. This is what the walkout angle could have been like.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment