Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 9/20/13

Read on for my take on yesterday's Superstars and Smackdown.
Superstars:
Santino vs. JTG was a good little match. I feel kind of sorry for JTG for jobbing so much, but someone pretty much inevitably has to be in that position. It certainly doesn't seem like it's any kind of knock on his talent.

Kofi vs. McIntyre was really good. They had time to show what they can do in the ring. I hope the people backstage were taking notice. Both men are still well below 35, so just imagine how far they can go from here.

Smackdown:
That was certainly an interesting opening segment to continue the company's top angle.

I like the idea of AJ facing the "Total Divas" crew one-by-one.

AJ vs. Naomi was pretty good. If they had more time, I think they could really put on a great match.

Fine post-match to continue AJ vs. Natalya. Natalya winning the Divas' Title would be a nice direction to go to keep "Total Divas" in people's minds.

I wasn't crazy about that Colter promo. He's definitely had much better.

And this is why I wouldn't 100% rule out Santino becoming a main eventer one day. I'm a fan of his work, but I don't know if he should be making such quick work of a former World Champion.

I mostly liked the Heyman Guys segment. I just don't see Ryback breaking out any time soon.

At least they're sort of, kind of rebuilding Ryback now. It's still a work in progress after he fell so far.

I really enjoyed that Orton promo. Other than those Wellness violations, he's got pretty much everything going for him as a top guy.

I liked the gauntlet match while it lasted. The Shield looked really dominant beating people left and right. I would have liked for PTP to have lasted longer.

I'm a little surprised WWE is further behind the Usos than PTP. I don't dislike the Usos or anything. I just thought they might try to ride the wave of support that PTP's getting lately.

Ryder and Gabriel actually got to speak!? Wow.

Not a shock the Wyatts got a quick win. It was fine for the purpose of keeping them in people's minds as a dominant force, though.

Yeah, the Wyatts really need something to do. It sounds silly for them to feud with Los Matadores, but that's about all I can think of for them to do as heels.

I liked the HHH/RVD/Alberto segment. Can we PLEASE get behind Del Rio now?

Good match to show how dominant Del Rio can be. I hope they really get behind him in the months to come. They have a perfect opportunity, since presumably RVD's going to be taking some time off shortly.

For anyone complaining that WWE doesn't get behind younger talent, the oldest person in the main event tonight is 32. The Shield have held titles for 4 months, and Daniel Bryan's been WWE Champion twice now. All of that out of the way, the match itself was really good. Everyone brought their "A" game.

And look, the show ended with Bryan winning and not being beaten up. So much for that "burial", huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment