Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2016

Main Event Reax - 8/3/16 and ROH Reax - 8/4/16

Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday's Main Event and Thursday's ROH.

Main Event:
Tom Phillips gets around, calling Raw brand action, Smackdown brand action, and NXT.

- Breeze vs. Jey:
I hope Breeze wins. Breezango can recover from their place on the card if booked well.

I can definitely see the criticism of the Usos as being a Samoan version of seemingly every indie team with all the superkicks and dives.

I'm glad one Uso didn't beat both tag team guys. That generally bothers me.

- Hype Bros vs. Ascension:
Rawley is definitely served well from teaming with Zack. They're definitely a more natural match than Ryder and Primo, although Zack tried his damnedest to make that work.

Mojo's one of those talents who grows on you, like Bo Dallas and the former Michael McGillicutty.

The Ascension complement each other well, too. Konnor's more of the power guy while Viktor brings the finesse. Tag team wrestling can be really enjoyable when it's treated as important.

These teams are playing off each other well. Wrestling's like a dance in the sense of everyone needing to be in the same rhythym.

Nice ending.

ROH:
I like the show having some continuity. A lot of times it just feels like a bunch of matches together. To be fair, sometimes NXT is in that same vein.

I can get behind Lethal turning face. It's a fresh direction for him.

Nigel's such a cuck. The wrestlers make more matches than he does.

It would be interesting to see who would replace Nigel as matchmaker. A Bullet Club representative could be an interesting change of pace.

That was mostly a good Sullivan/Corino segment, but I really wonder what the endgame is. I don't think I want to see them face off at their ages.

- Moose vs. Posey:
I love P-Dog. I'm surprised we're seeing Moose so much at his final taping, but I'm not complaining in the least.

I love a hoss domination.

Moose just killed Posey. We might not see him for another three months or so after that beatdown.

OHHHHH YEAH. This match will be good. I hope we see more of Dijak going forward.

Nigel cucked AGAIN.

- Moose vs. Dijak:
Finally a big crazy collision.

I hope Dijak keeps on destroying people.

This is just a big war. I love it.

I'd love to see this in NXT or WWE someday.

Good match overall for that style of things.

Damn. Dijak doesn't even have sympy for Stokely. I wonder what he's doing next.

The "Make X Great Again" meme is starting to run its course. I'd rather The Cabinet actually change wrestling than feeding the system by working the Bucks' style.

Meh. The Cabinet is pretty much the same act with some Donald Trump references. I'm not sold yet.

- Bucks/Cole vs. Briscoes/Lethal:
I like things starting off with everyone brawling.

And as soon as I say that we get stereo suicide dives. yaaaay.

I hate synchronized spot wrestling.

I guess they had to have some flips for the people who were turned off by the quality of the show actually improving the past few weeks with different styles, vignettes, and actual angles.

Blehhhhh. Same old "style before substance" kind of stuff as always. I "get" the Bucks and Cole are supposed to be meta-heels and all that, but I legitimately don't like it in the sense of not wanting to see it. A good heel makes you want to tune in the next week. A bad heel makes you want to turn the channel.

I wish we had more Moose/Dijak or Corino/Sullivan instead of this.

Mercifully it's over. Just a bunch of flashy moves.

Well.... the match is over at least. There's still more awful stuff coming.

It's weird they're simultaneously being meta-heels with the "get it, we do a lot of superkicks" shit while also trying to get real heat. It's like if Spaceballs and Star Wars footage was spliced together.

Shaving someone's head just isn't much of a heel move in 2016 unless it's someone who's been really vain about their appearance or something. Doing it out of the blue just seems like they're saying "oh, this is what heels used to do, so we'll do this because we're playing heels."

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment