Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 8/2/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I like Shane being OK with what Orton did with Brock. It's good to have face authority figures for a change.

You're going to need a lot more security than that to keep Brock out.

I like there still being some tension between Miz and Bryan without them belaboring it.

Miz vs. Crews could be pretty interesting. Same for Miz vs. Kalisto. I assume they wouldn't do Miz vs. Corbin.

I'm liking Smackdown opening with some things backstage to set up the rest of the show instead of just opening with a big promo or match.

I like Ambrose being positioned as an important guy right off the bat.

I'm almost never a fan of "golly gee you're a good wrestler, but I'm a better wrestler and we're going to have a great match" promos where there's no heat/issue between the wrestlers involved.

There's something to the differences between the rough fighter Ambrose and the pretty boy show-stealer. They could do something fun with Ziggler doing his over-the-top style and Ambrose getting down and dirty.

OOOH Ambrose going pretty hard on Ziggler's priorities there. Ziggler does have the "someone notice me! Give me a gold star!" mentality.

Ziggler's good, but he's pretty one-dimensional. His whole act is "I'm really good and everyone should pay attention to how good I am!"

Good ending to Ambrose/Ziggler.

Bray's still dangerous on his own.

I would be fine with Wyatt entering the WWE Title picture.

Ziggler's character is really insecure.

- Kalisto vs. Crews vs. Corbin:
I like Corbin as the rough brawler combating people with other styles.

This is pretty fun from the NXT alumni.

I don't think that did much to build Apollo, but I think the match with Miz should be fun.

I really liked that post-match. Miz is opportunistic and Corbin's just an absolute jerk and sore loser. Good heel actions.

Oh. Well.... so much for all heels getting along.

I know a lot of people don't like Eva, but it's not like WWE has a huge roster of women to pull from to fill two shows (and NXT). It's going to take time to build the divisions up to what they can be.

- Becky vs. Eva:
Eva's going to be the next person to pull one over on Becky, eh?

Eva still needs a lot of experience, so maybe it was the right move to keep her from wrestling on TV for now.

I loved Natalya namedropping her attention-craving uncle.

Fine enough segment to set up another women's match.

- Vaudevillains vs. A. Alpha:
Gable and Jordan are incredible. I really wish Zeb Colter was managing them as (face) REAL Americans.

I mean, the Vaudevillains are good, but American Alpha are just outstanding.

Wow. Cena didn't waste any time making his presence known.

Pretty big goal for AJ to want to eliminate Cena from WWE entirely. At this point, beating him only does so much for someone. The followup is key.

AJ burying kids is a lot of fun. Not as fun as Batista's dollar signs promo, but still fun.

AJ's fun in general here.

Passionate Cena promo. You don't get much more babyface than that.

I really look forward to another round of AJ vs. Cena. Hopefully AJ gets a big win.

- Orton vs. Fandango:
Nice followup to Orton's comments on the Highlight Reel.

Wow, we haven't seen the Orton Stomp in a really long time.

I really hope Breezango talk about surviving Orton.

There's Randy's receipt for Monday.

I really don't think we've seen the last of Lesnar tonight.

I love Slater. This is a great use for him.

Rhyno went from campaigning for office just to fly in and gore Slater. That's why wrestling's great.

Fun Dean interview. I like him throwing shade at Ziggler. I'm getting C.M. Punk vibes.

I'm like heel Natalya making statements.

I kind of hope Ziggler does lose his title match for being stupid enough to put it on the line.

- Bray vs. Dolph:
This is fun so far.

It didn't take long for Smackdown to have its first live injury.

Well, Bray must not be too bad off if he can do a superplex.

The Zig Zag is such a goofy finisher, which I guess is fitting with that name.

I'm liking the drama here with the exposed turnbuckle.

I think they might have cut that one short. It was mostly OK.

Well, I guess the Wyatts are still together.

That was a fine enough post-match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment