Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2016

Main Event - 9/14/16 and ROH - 9/15/16 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on the most recent Main Event and ROH.

- Main Event:
- Breezango/Kane segment:
Pretty funny stuff so far. Good to see Breeze and Fandango do some entertaining stuff.

Fun interactions with Kane. Kane's fun when paired with more over-the-top characters.

- Fandango vs. Kane:
I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up leading to a handicap match.

Fine action so far.

Yeah, Kane's pretty much doing what he was going 20 years ago, just with different opponents.

- Jordan vs. English:
Good back-and-forth. Both men have pretty solid bases.

I love when matches are like chess games, with people trying to counter each other.

Nice match overall.

- ROH:
- Lethal/Naito/EVIL vs. Cole/Page/Takahashi:
I like the rough fighting going on here.

Cole avoiding Lethal is Heeling 101, but he does it well.

Good work early.

Lethal vs. Naito would be interesting.

Good to get more Lethal vs. Cole.

DAMN. Even Naito and EVIL are tired of Lethal.

It's bad if they can't beat Lethal three on one.

- Lethal/Elgin vs. Cole/Page/Takahashi:
I've missed Elgin. Can WWE trade him for Ryback?

Elgin's really enjoyable, especially when he fights smaller guys.

This is pretty good action here.

- Lethal/Elgin/O'Reilly vs. Cole/Page/Takahashi:
Nigel just letting whatever happens happen.

Kyle's fired up. He's pretty good in the ring.

Fun stuff between Cole and O'Reilly. They've had quite the battle.

That ended up being really good for the most part. I liked it having more story than your standard ROH match.

- Lethal promo:
I've seen enough of Jay for one show.

Not a bad segment to set up what could be a pretty good bout.

- Fish vs. Shibata:
Shibata already wrecking the generic ROH guy. I think Delirious actually hates ROH given how he almost always has NJPW guys look stronger than them.

Pretty good psychology here.

I love a good submission spot.

"Hey fam sorry for all the believable stuff here's a flippy move."


I'm liking the story here. It's good to see things that look like fights on this show.

I'm starting to really like this.

REALLY cool double ankle lock stuff.

I love me some suplexes.

This is really impressive.

Quite the match.

- Post-match:
I'm ALL for another Fish/Shibata match if they do something like this style again.

No comments:

Post a Comment