Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 9/27/16

Read on for my take on last night's Smackdown.

- Orton/Bray:
Getting right into the swing of things.

I'm liking this side of Randy. Bray having a character other than "guy who wants to win matches" really makes things more interesting, character-progression wise.

Bray kidnapping Orton's (probably fake) kids works for me.

- Ambrose promo:
That was mostly OK. The less forced-wacky he is, the better.

- A. Alpha/Rhyno/Slater vs. Usos/Ascension:
Fun tag team action.

This is put together pretty well.

That was really enjoyable overall. It's good to see something fresh from Jey and Jimmy.

- Cena promo:
That was a pretty good brief promo from Big Match John, other than insinuating the former CZW star doesn't have guts.

- Miz/Maryse:
I'm so glad Miz is getting more of a spotlight.

- Bray/Orton/Rowan:
Is this Resident Evil or something? Works for me.

- Carmella/Natalya:
A brief promo is better than no promo, I suppose.

- Naomi/Nikki:
Now that was pretty good. Simple, but effective.

- Carmella/Natalya vs. Naomi/Nikki:
Funny moonwalk spots.

Fine action so far. They're using the weaker worker (Carmella) effectively.

This is impressive enough.

Fine enough to keep things going. I wonder what these names are doing at No Mercy.

- Orton continues:
Well that was weird. Fun for what it was, though.

- Miz package:
Ahhhh, good times. Good times.

Miz is the hero Cleveland needs.

Miz burying the Zigglers.

Miz burying Dolph, too. I mean, DAMN. He's right, though.

Good, real, passionate promo from Ziggler.

Interesting stipulation. I'd love to see Dolph take a few months off before coming back with a new look, new attitude, new ring style, etc. because he's hitting that brick wall hard.

- Bray promo:
I'm getting nostalgic for Mankind's boiler room.

- Alexa attacks Becky:
That was OK for what it needed to be.

- Hawkins promo:
Curt's going to need to do something really compelling or different when he debuts in the ring at this point. If it's the same old Curt, I don't see him getting very far.

- Orton attacks Bray:
Bray got played. Poor planning on his part.

That was pretty cool. I love spooky stuff.

- AJ promo:
I'm really getting behind cocky heel AJ. Letting him breathe on a show that doesn't feature Rollins, Owens, etc. is a good move.

- Ambrose vs. AJ:
I liked the two of them fighting in front of Cena to taunt him.

I like the submissions and counters.

Solid action so far.

Good counters to each man's finisher. I prefer that to a bunch of kickouts.

They're really heating things up.

Cena suckered into getting involved.

Pretty good overall. I like Cena not being THE centerpiece.

- Post-match:
Everyone hitting everyone with finishers to close the show.

Don't worry, I don't think Cena will win the title at No Mercy. He's probably going to go off to do more American Grit soon.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment