Total Pageviews

Friday, September 23, 2016

ROH and Impact Wrestling Reax - 9/22/16

Read on for my thoughts on this week's ROH and Impact Wrestling.
- ROH:- ANX vs. GoD:
Fine start to things.

I love a heel team that actually wrestles like heels.

GoD are a pretty solid team. I'm sure people have already imagined them facing the Usos, but I'd also find it pretty interesting.

The Cabinet are growing on me as a unit. If they drop some of the silly flippy moves, I'll get further behind them.

So far, no one's needing ridiculous moves to tell a good story. I like that.

I'm really enjoying this.

Good teamwork from everyone involved.

That was quite the solid encounter!

- Caprice promo:
That was good enough to keep things going.

- Lethal promo:
Lethal vs. Naito could be pretty solid. I wonder what the future holds for the now-former ROH Champion. I'm glad he's not as exposed as he was.

- Taylor promo:
That was pretty good. It played off real events without being too tryhard.

- P.B. Killers vs. Phoenix/Rojas:
I love me a good squash match here and there.

Way to kill Lee's credibility by having some jobber do so much to him.

That wasn't bad. Good to see some hosses do some damage.

- Taylor/War Machine promo:
This is pretty compelling.

Strong ending line. They actually sold the match.

- War Machine vs. P.B. Killers:
I like this starting with a fight instead of shaking hands and cool moves. That gets SO tiring.

Good action so far. Big men hitting hard.

GOD. Things were going well until that stupid cartwheel. They sold the match as being about serious violence and a serious grudge, then Hanson no-sells all that work with one move.

Pretty solid work overall.

NICE to see it devolve into swinging chairs.

- Post-match:
Really good to sell this as a big, real feud.

- Matt Taven:
A new Kingdom? Can we not?


- Addiction/Kamaitachi vs. Okada/RPG Vice:
Nice selling of a serious feud between Kamaitachi and Okada.

Pretty good opening. I'm liking the mostly serious approach tonight.

Good action from everyone.

It's OK to have some flying here and there, like we're seeing here.

I'm liking the back-and-forth action, and the tactics by both sides.

Funny fakeout by Trent.

More good action.

NICE to stop the Rainmaker. This is put together well.

More cool high-flying that hasn't been overdone in other matches on this show.

That was all really impressive.


- Impact Wrestling:
- Opening video:
I love these recaps.

- Galloway vs. Edwards:
Drew always turns it up and delivers.

Big moves and bumps right out of the gate.

I liked the fast attempts at pins by Edwards.

Drew's one hell of a wrestler.

Both men just going all out here. Big moves everywhere. It's OK-ish since this match theoretically matters.

Submissions everywhere.

Moves and moves and moves.

I mean, damn. They're just destroying each other.

- Drew/EC3/Lashley/Bennett/Moose:
I kind of liked Drew's callout of EC3, but what does he care about having a great match and whether anyone else does? He should care about winning a title and making it matter.

This is some pretty good back-and-forth. Both men have fire.

I usually love some crazy "everyone fighting everyone" spots.

Awesome segment selling intense feud.

- Maria/Allie segment:
This is so much better than Maria vs. Gail.

- Grand title promos:
Blah blah blah. Muh titles.

- Bennett/Lashley:
I like Bennett trying to suck up to Lashley. Playing up how annoying The Miracle is works.

- Drake/Rex promo:
Rex being called a dummy is funny after him being the Intellectual Savior of the Masses.

Rex's promo was BAD. That was goofy John Cena tier. It's a shame he went from being one of my favorites to "angry ex-WWE wrestler No. 39."

- Drake vs. Rex:
I kind of like the MMA style, at least compared to superkicks and flips.

I'm really liking the drama the time periods add to things.

Pretty good action.

NICE ending with Rex winning right out of the gate of Round 3.

- Decay/V-1:
My fucking sides are in orbit.

- Rex/Galloway promo:
Fine enough to sell their BFG match. That should be quite the clash.

- Cody vignette:
So, what's he going to do at BFG? It is pretty cool he's working Wrestlemania, BOLA, BFG, and Final Battle in the same year. That's quite the accomplishment.

- Decay/Hardys/Reby:
I'm enjoying this silliness. I'm sure it will get old eventually, but we're not there yet.

The crowd is all into this. I love it.

OH MY GOD BROKEN REBY I'M DYING.

- Moose/EC3:
I'm liking Moose.

- DJ Z promo:
Fine to re-establish him and the division's importance. I guess TNA's always going to have a flippy division.

- Z vs. Lee:
Blehhhhhhhh. I like Lee, but he didn't get to do much here.

- Edwards makes the save:
Oh that was bad.

- Maria prepares with Allie:
They're crazy if they don't add Allie to the title match at BFG.

- Tyrus video:
I'm ready for this to pay off already. Surely someone could use his services?

- Maria/Allie/Sienna segment:
I like the interplay between Maria, Allie, and Sienna.

Pretty funny stuff.

- Maria vs. Someone:
Well, that happened.

- More Maria/Allie:
They've GOT to add Allie to the BFG match.

- Maria vs. Ninja:
That was pretty fun for what it was.

- EC3/Moose vs. Lashley/Bennett:
Good start.

Fun action so far.

Good for the time it had, in order to set up BFG matches.

- Another big brawl:
I love this kind of thing.

OOOHHHHH SHHHIIITTTT. That should be a big match.
 
More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment