Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 9/20/16

Read of my for thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

- Contract signing:
I think it's a great idea to do a contract signing for the Women's Title to start the show in order to demonstrate the importance of the title, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping this was for Miz's new Smackdown contract.

I also like the first title defense being saved for PPV. It should matter.

Alexa's really grown a lot as a personality since becoming a heel. She's been a lot of fun to watch and listen to.

This is pretty good. It clearly establishes who's the face who's worked hard and who's the condescending, arrogant heel.

That was good. This has some fire to it now.

- Miz/Maryse/Bryan segment:
Pretty good. I look forward to the next steps. Miz grabbed the brass ring on Talking Smack and got people talking.

- A. Alpha promo:
Mostly good. I'm looking forward to their match.

- Usos vs. A. Alpha:
Gable and Jordan making a STATEMENT.

Funny cutaway to the champs.

Pretty enjoyable so far.

I've missed this team in action. They're a house of fire.

I'm liking this with everyone getting involved at once.

That was good! I like the direction of the tag team division right now.

- Rhyno/Slater/Usos:
Slater playing off the Uso chant was hilarious.

I like heel Usos. I want to see more of them like this.

- Crews vs. Corbin:
I like this starting off as a fight.

Crews is definitely an athletic talent.

WOW. That was quick.

- Corbin calls out Swagger:
This could be pretty good.

- More Hawkins:
Yeah, I'm ready for this to pay off. I like Curt, but it's not like he's IC Title level.


- Nikki/Naomi:
I like Naomi getting some character development.

This is pretty good. Fairly basic babyface stuff, but done well.

- Ziggler promo:
"Look, Renee, we both know I'm going to choke again."

Really forced Brangelina reference. It'd be different if Miz and Maryse were splitting.

I like Ziggler, but he needs a reboot. His character hasn't really changed as a result of all his setbacks and criticism. They teased it going into Summerslam, but now he's back to the same thing.

- Ziggler vs. Miz:
Dolph using his amateur background is always good.

Fine work so far.

I liked the finisher escape by Ziggler. SCF should be a kill move.

I love Miz doing Bryan's moves. They're doing the right thing with running with him as a heel.

I'm enjoying this. Both men work hard, and generally smart (especially Miz).

Pretty solid action. Miz is ridiculously underrated.

That sitout powerbomb spot was great.

I'm liking the submissions!

Counters are great, too.

Nice spots with Maryse. There's some great drama here.

That was really great! Miz is a solid heel and has really grown in the ring. Ziggler always works hard.

- Orton vs. Rowan:
I liked Orton trying to take Erick to Viperville early.

Fun stuff so far as a simple brawl.

Good match for Orton to rebound.

- Bray's mind games:
I like some horror movie elements, but I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Fine stuff.

- Natalya/Carmella vs. Nikki/Naomi:
Well that was fast! The referee was pretty stringent.

Fine enough post-match.

- Styles promo:
I really liked this. They're setting AJ up well as champion.

- Cena vs. Ambrose:
Good start.

I like when Cena's not the center of attention. Focusing on any member of the roster so much for so long is detrimental.

NICE counter into the STF.

Oh, man. I'm getting tired of so many AA kickouts.

I liked that, but if there were going to be finisher kickouts, it should have gone longer. Both men are solid, but that could have been put together better.

- AJ/Cena/Bryan:
That was a really good ending. I look forward to next week's show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment