Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 9/21/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

- NXT:
- Joe/Regal:
I like smug bully Joe bringing the violence.

So we won't see Nakamura until Takeover, I guess. Cena would already be back in his face making jokes.

Regal's got his hands full. It's going to be hard to stop Joe if he goes on a tear.

- Cedric promo:
Good enough delivery to a fairly bland promo. After listening to so many babyface promos, all the "I'm here to win a match and be a good wrestler" stuff runs together.

- Liv/Asuka promo:
That was OK. Liv's mostly comfortable on the mic, and Asuka's getting a better grasp of English pronunciation. I fully expect Asuka to kill her.

- Aries vs. Lorcan:
I'm glad we're seeing Oney again. I like his rough style.

Clever side headlock spot in the ropes. Most talents would have done something flippy there; it's good for Lorcan to try to stand out in that regard.

OH MAN WHAT A DROP. I liked Aries' idea of just getting him out of the ring without it being a fancy spot to set up a suicide dive.

I like the physicality, but this is turning into a Cesaro match.

I'm thinking they intentionally played off Aries having equilibrium issues after Itami's attack. At least, I hope so, because they were some awkward spots.

- Aries/Itami:
That was an OK promo, but it more or less no-sold the Joe/Nakamura angle from last week.

I would have preferred Aries playing off his ear hurting instead of just bailing.

- Matha video:
GET A LOAD OF THIS MASTADON GODDAMN PUSH HIM TO THE MOON.

- #DIY/Revival:
I like the idea of The Revival just hanging out in the parking lot waiting for DIY. Fine enough to set up the next step in their feud.

- Aliyah vs. Kay:
Nice start to the heel vs. heel match.

Both ladies showed potential in a match I wish would have gone longer.

- Rose promo:
That was pretty good for her first promo.

- Cedric vs. Almas:
Flashy back-and-forth stuff is OK in small doses.

Both men have impressive athleticism and backgrounds.

Lots of flipping and flying...

OK enough for that style of match.

Hopefully they're planting seeds for Cien to turn heel.

- Main Event:
- Dorado vs. Swann:
Low-key main roster debut for Dorado. 

Yeeeppppp... lookin' pretty indie here.

GOOD GOD what a counter to the suicide dive.

This is mostly good.

There's some pretty good back-and-forth here.

That was mostly OK.

- Slater/Rhyno vs. Breezango:
I'm liking Heath and Rhyno meshing as a team.

Fun story of Rhyno's power against the two men trying to overwhelm him.

Pretty good action by the heel team. I'm glad we're seeing them again. Some teams have been pushed aside lately.

Nice story of the heels working Slater over.

That was good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment