Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Raw Reax - 9/19/16

Read on for take on last night's Raw.

- Roman/Steph/Mick/Owens segment:
They're really taking the "Roman's better when he doesn't speak much" thing to heart.

This begs the question of why Mick didn't just come out with Stephanie. Was he late to the show or something?

Well, Roman going for the U.S. Title is nice, but what about getting revenge on HHH?

Having two authority figures is overkill at times.

Owens taunting Roman is great.

Owens being stuck in a cage with Roman is the best way to use the cage gimmick: to prevent easy escapes and interferences. 

- Steph/Foley/Rusev backstage:
Rusev vs. Foley in his prime would have really been something. Rusev is really enjoyable in his current role. It's more interesting than Russian sympathizer Rusev.

- Rollins vs. Rusev:
Already with the jumps and dives here.

I like Rusev as the dominant bear.

I like Rollins, but I'm starting to think he does too many flashy spots. He's talented, but less can be more.

Both men are impressive athletes. That's for sure.

That's about one too many flying moves for me. Especially with cruiserweight action coming up.

- Post-match:
I love a good brawl.

Rollins is willing to go all out and put his body on the line. I'm starting to get Jeff Hardy vibes.

- Mick/Charlotte/Dana:
Dana's been good in her role. Not Allie in TNA good, but still pretty good.

Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Bayley should really be good.

- Cruiserweight package:
That was OK, but nothing that would sell me on the division or competitors if I hadn't already seen them. I'm not liking the move to be more like ROH.

- JeriKO:
Owens' snarky attitude is always entertaining.

You KNOW Jericho's going to have 1,004 reasons why Foley sucks as GM.

- Braun vs. Cara:
This has been a fun mini-feud.

NICE counter to end the match.

- Sasha/Bayley:
Fine if you ignore their heated NXT rivalry. It's weird to see them buddy-buddy now.

- Sasha/Bayley vs. Charlotte/Dana:
Nice for Charlotte to try to make Dana do the dirty work.

It's cool seeing these four progress from NXT to here.

Good teamwork from the heels.

I'm really liking the back and forth here.

Solid action all around.

I didn't see that one ending like that.

I was expecting an Emma run-in, but we'll see what happens with her.

- Seth/Stephanie:
Good mind games from Stephanie. Shades of her husband.

Good firing back by The Architect.

Solid segment overall.

- Dallas promo:
That was OK, but the rhyming thing's going to get old.

- Bo vs. Graham:
Mostly fine for a squash match.

- Sheamus promo:
He has some points about Cesaro.

- Sheamus (3) vs. Cesaro (2):
These two always make magic together.

Good ring psychology early.

Both men hitting HARD.

Le Uppercut Man is getting really stale.

Really, really solid back-and-forth.

I would have marked out for Sheamus cheating and winning to end the series in an anticlimactic fashion.

I'm really liking this other than the uppercut spam.

Good match.

I'm glad this will wrap up at Clash.

- Foley/Y2J:
This is mostly funny, but about 15 years too late.

I guess that was good. Where's Zayn?

- Y2J/Enzo/Cass/etc:
I mostly like Heel Jericho.

Enzo routinely cracks me up.

WWE needs to sell Y2J/stupid idiot/gift of Jericho scarfs.

Oh man this really went downhill with adding the Puerto Ricans. Someone needs to build that wall already.

Big E saying he had nothing better to do got me good. It's as good of a reason as any.

I'm tired of The Club. They need someone else to work with, because they're really bland without AJ or Finn.

That was fine enough to set up a clustermess match.

- 10-man tag:
I'd almost welcome Rosa Mendes reuniting with Primo and Epico so they're not quite as boring.

Fine stuff so far.

I like Big Cass. I hope he's got a bright future.

That was pretty good. It didn't go too long.

- Foley introduces the cruiserweights:
Really boring, generic promos other than Kendrick. This "Golly gee I'm so happy to be a wrestler who wrestles and wins and has matches for titles" shit is incredibly boring.

- Metalik vs. Cedric vs. Kendrick vs. Swann:
Brian smartly getting out of the way and letting the others do flips and tire themselves out.

I really hate fast-paced flippy shit. I guess so many X-Division and ROH matches have totally burned me out on that style.

Way too much too quickly. 

I like Kendrick wrestling smarter instead of harder.

Too many fancy moves right out of the gate. Wrestling for the ADHD generation, I guess.

I would have marked for Kendrick winning off the 450.

That had its moments. I hope they don't try to just do multi-man MOVESfests going forward.

- Clash match announcement:
Nia vs. Alicia works for me, but where's Emma?

- Owens vs. Reigns:
Funny opening.

Hard action early.

A cage match fight is a good change of pace from the last match.

Nice back-and-forth.

NICE counter into the Superman Punch.

I wasn't a fan of Reigns kicking out of the powerbomb.

Pretty good combination of performers.

Mostly good. Reigns did just beat the champ clean before a PPV, though.

- Post-match:
Loving this beatdown.

Nice to see Rusev as a big threat again.

Aaaaand a big dive to close the show. Those Jeff Hardy vibes keep getting stronger.

More wrestling coming up.

2 comments:

  1. Clash predictions:
    - Nia
    - Perkins
    - New Day, although I really wonder who can beat them at this point. Hopefully not Primo and Epico.
    - Rusev
    - I'm leaning toward Bayley given Sasha being on the shelf so much.
    - Cesaro so he can face Rusev for the U.S. Title
    - I'm leaning toward Zayn, since I know Jericho's a big fan of his and wouldn't mind losing to him. I definitely think we'll end up with
    Jericho in the title picture so he can face off with Owens before going back to doing Fozzy stuff. So, we could see a triple threat next month.
    - Owens via HHH interference

    I haven't heard of any surprises other than maybe seeing HHH again. I wouldn't expect Brock or Goldberg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for whatever it's worth, Jericho's advertised for Raw all the way through the end of the year. So, I would expect him to stick around a while.

      Delete