Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Raw Reax - 9/26/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Roman vs. Rusev:
Jumping right into a big title rematch is bold. They've got REALLY stiff competition tonight in the form of another entertainment show featuring a clash between strong, colorful personalities. Lester took a big ref bump from the heel, but didn't DQ him.

These two match up pretty well.

Fine stuff between two powerful guys.

Rusev has all the physical tools an athlete needs. He's a really good get.

I'm really liking all the back-and-forth here.

I enjoy a really good brawl between big guys.

This is quite the war.

That was pretty cool, although we got a similar ending in Cesaro vs. Sheamus at Clash of Champions.

- Post-match:
More fun with two monsters warring.

They just keep on going!

Glad they finally wrapped that up. Are they going to end up fighting inside HIAC? That would be AWESOME.

- Foley/Cesaro/Sheamus:
Please don't do seven more matches.

Both men definitely brought a LOT to all their matches.

Hahaha I like Mick putting them in a tag team title match.

- Big E/Kofi vs. Club:
Oh look it's THIS match again. I'd be willing to see the Shining Stars go for the titles at this point.

Fine match so far. I like Gallows using the chokeslam.

Good action from both sides. Everyone here's good.

I like that both sides have broken up covers from finishers, as if that would be it if they didn't break it up.

Pretty good match overall. New Day vs. Cesaro/Sheamus should be interesting.

- Clash main event fallout:
The plot thickens. I'm ready for Seth vs. HHH.

- Foley/Sheamus/Cesaro backstage:
I'm OK with those two as a team. It could end up being quite the interesting mesh.

I was hoping Foley would reference his own history of teams with people he wasn't crazy about.

- Bayley vs. Fields:
Anna going after the former NXT women's champion is smart.

That was fine enough to get Bayley a rebound after her loss.

- Bayley promo:
That was a pretty fine promo. I would have marked if Anna attacked her or Nia came out, but they can save the latter for something at another time.

- Stephanie/Mick:
I wasn't crazy about that, since it was more about those two than Rollins or Owens (or even Jericho).

- Cedric/Swann promo:
OK, but I wish we got more character from these two (and the other cruiserweights). This seems to be a running theme with X-Division/cruiserweight/ROH wrestlers.

- Gulak video:
YES!!! Gulak had some solid showings in the CWC. I'm glad WWE's going to use him again. He's definitely got the skill and experience to make a mark in the division.

- Gulak/Dorado vs. Cedric/Swann:
Oh yay more flips and flashy stuff.

UUUGGGGGHHHHHH hitting a moonsault on your partner just to hit your opponents is so dumb.

Way too indie/ROH for me.

I wish we would have seen more from Gulak, as contrast to the other names here.

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. N. Cutler/W. Williams:
So, is Foley picking up all these random jobbers?

Fine as a thrashing from the new team.

That was pretty cool.

- TJP package+TJP/Kendrick:
He's got a pretty inspiring backstory.

That was some pretty good back-and-forth. There's a bigger story here than "having a good match."

- Charlotte/Dana/Sasha:
Charlotte's really building a legacy for herself as champion.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The Internet's turning on Sasha since she's popular and mainstream now. Keep up, Charlotte.

Pretty good setup for next week. I'm curious to see what direction they go in.

Dana's just always getting her ass kicked, huh?

- Rollins/Mick:
OK, but it's still all about Stephanie, Mick, and HHH.

- Nese video package:
YYYYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!! Nese was one of my top picks for WWE to sign. He's got everything they can want, and brings a variety of skills to the division. He can work with a lot of different styles.

- TJP vs. Nese:
Enjoyable stuff so far.

I think the cartwheel spot should have left wrestling after Sandow left WWE.

SPOOOOOOOOOTTTTSSSSS.

More moves = higher star ratings from The Meltz (because that's what's important).

That was mostly OK. The "throw a whole bunch of stuff out there in rapid succession" style isn't really my thing, but both men are really talented.

- Celebrity segment:
DEAR GOD WHYYYYYYY. I didn't want to see That '70s Show when it was on the air. Why would I want to see it during a wrestling show?

- Highlight Reel:
Jericho can make just about anything entertaining, which is good considering some of the stuff they put him in.

I love Jericho putting Owens over and Owens burying the crowd.

Owens even verbally destroying someone ON THE OTHER BRAND.

GENIUS for Owens to turn the injuries thing around on Seth.

Can't say I expected Enzo and Cass to come out, but it works for me.

Chris cracks me up. "We are Universal Champion" got me good.

This is pretty funny.

- JeriKO vs. Enzo/Cass:
The combination of Jericho and Owens has been really entertaining.

Pretty good action so far.

Solid teamwork from both sides. I like to see that, although flashy double-teams can be overdone.

This is really entertaining due to all the trash talk.

Cass is worth checking out for a singles push (which does NOT mean they should split him and Enzo or have Enzo stop wrestling).

Good match with a good ending.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment