Total Pageviews

Monday, November 6, 2017

Bound For Glory Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling event.

- Trevor vs. Dezmond vs. Sydal vs. Petey vs. Dutt vs. Garza:
Oh, Petey's definitely over. 

Oh here we go. It makes sense to start the show with something hot, but sometimes these matches just turn into flash with no substance.

I enjoy Trevor Lee's role here.

At least we're getting the flippy match out of the way.

I like Trevor targeting the weak limb.

They're just going to keep on teasing that Petey win. 

This is definitely impressive, but I can see why someone like Low Ki would want to be in something more important than this kind of exhibition.

Oh my God it's just big move after big move.

Hahahaha nice heel ending. I assume Petey will take the title before the end of the week and they're using that as a hook for people to keep coming back.

- Ishimori vs. Dux:
I was wondering when we'd see some signature Canada workers in action!

I'm liking Taiji a lot here.

Wait.... did they really do a match just to have a Van Ness segment?

Not bad work here.

Fine ending.

- Grado/Abyss:
Man... things went from bad to worse for Grado.

That wasn't bad to sell Grado as a babyface.

- Alberto/Borash:
Ohhhhh boy it's worked shoot time!! I didn't miss this Alberto.

I mean, I can see how Alberto felt betrayed. At the same time, there's a reason he has such a negative impression outside of his admittedly stellar ring work.

This is kind of weird, but I guess it's the start of something new for Alberto. I was waiting on someone to defend JB or stand up to Alberto being a jackass.

- Grado vs. Abyss:
Kind of odd to shout Foley out, but whatever.

Designated comedy match to follow the acknowledgement of the last world champion being involved in a very public domestic incident.

Abyss is the designated hardcore match guy.

Some of this is outright barbaric. A staple gun??? Holy shit.

OOUUCCCHHHH Grado's earning that visa!

Nice to see Janice again!

Oh God. They already had a Laurel segment earlier!

This is going well.

REALLY?????? A random Laurel heel turn?? This is stupid.

And now Rosemary's randomly involved. I like her and all, but this is a trainwreck.

This is crazy.

OOOOUUUCCCCHHHH.

And now someone's randomly ringing the bell!? What is even going on on this show??

That was OK, I guess. Looks like they're dropping Grado, too, which makes sense from the standpoint of him being more expensive to fly in.

- Edwards/J. Storm/EC3 promo:
This match is made for a turn.

Eh.

- Edwards/J. Storm/EC3 vs. Phantasma/Pagano/Texano:
I guess this is just a countdown until the Impact people start fighting each other.

Edwards is like the go-to guy to sell a beatdown.

Watch Impact bury three former world champions here.

This isn't bad!

I'd love to see EC3 in NXT at some point.

This is mostly fun other than the reliance on dives. That gets old really quickly.

Terrible Tower of Doom spot. WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING THAT HURTS YOUR OWN PARTNER THE WORST?? This show's not exactly hitting it out of the park.

That was a pretty good apron spot.

Pretty cool work from EC3.

That ended up being alright.

- Adonis/Drake:
Adonis and Drake can be pretty entertaining. I think it's just a matter of time before Impact or Alberto take the belt, though.

- LAX backstage:
Ha. Apparently this is to cover Homicide not actually being here. Funny.

- oVe vs. Ortiz/Santana:
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO MORE DIVESSSSSSSSSS.

Well at least this is turning into a big brawl.

I like the chaos we're seeing here.

They're definitely pulling out big spots.

Santana's crazy as hell for doing that table bump.

Wow. This is something else. Pretty intense.

So many chairs!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Jake took the worst of that superplex.

This is definitely pretty crazy.

Powder isn't very hardcore....

That ended up being pretty good.

- Post-match:
I'm curious how Sami will fit into Impact.

- Gail interview:
Hahaha someone forgot this wasn't the Impact Zone. Or is every place the company runs the Impact Zone now??

Eh.

- Carelli at ringside:
Oooohhhh... interesting. The former Santino is training wrestlers in Canada now. It'd be good to be on his side in that sense.

- Sienna vs. Allie vs. Gail:
I like Sienna's work here.


Kind of weird so far given how different these three are.

Gail's definitely still got great athleticism.

I like Sienna a good deal.

Sienna's going well here!

This is pretty solid now that it's heating up.

Oh, wow. Surprise ending. I'd rather have Allie get the surprise win since she's not retiring, but you know how this company is.

- ATT promo:
I do love these guys, especially Lambert.

- Jacobs promo:
I'm kind of underwhelmed here. I expected him to return to ROH. Maybe he'll be able to help this company like he helped WWE, but working with Bullet Club was about as much of a no-brainer as you could book.

- Lashley/Mo vs. Moose/Bonnar:
Fun start.

Oh, I'm liking this already.

This is a weird combination of MMA and wrestling.

Um, isn't the whole point of a cage that no one can interfere???

This is crazy.

So, the one guy who's Impact-exclusive is locked out??

NICE big bodypress.

That was highway robbery. There's been a lot of shenanigans and weird booking tonight. 

- Eli vs. Impact:
Johnny doing what he does best. I wonder what the main event would have been if Johnny wasn't available from LU.

This just doesn't feel like a world title match.

OK, that spot going under the rails was AWESOME.

This is growing on me.

I'd appreciate Drake as a top guy more if he could get more done without Adonis helping him.

Drake's got some good strategy here.

Impact's agility and athleticism are astounding.

This is heating up! They're working together pretty well.

Impact definitely feels like a top guy, and Eli's growing on me.

I would have bought the elbow drop ending it after taking Adonis out.

Oh God.... I'm already regretting Alberto returning.

Haha. Poor ref! His first night in the company and he's getting hit with a flip dive.

Alberto's clearly his own man here.

OUCH that shot to Impact's head was BRUTAL.

That was kind of stupid, at least as the end of a major PPV. It definitely overshadowed Eli and Impact. I hope getting behind Alberto is the right move.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment