Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 2, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/1/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- McIntyre/Almas:
That should be a good match!

- Cross vs. Conti:
Taynara's in position to get an ass-kicking.

I don't think Cross cares about being disqualified. She's going to make Taynara pay!

Haha Taynara gets some offense off, but Nikki's taken a lot worse.

I like Nikki's ruthlessness.

That was good for Cross to get revenge.

- Mercedes interview:
I like her attitude.

Oooohhh... Ember's going to go after her following those comments.

- Gargano vs. Aichner:
Good start.

I'm already enjoying with Fabian brings to the table.

These two work together pretty well.

Johnny's really smooth.

I like Aichner's power being a lot point here.

Both men impressing here.

WOW. Fabian's pretty good.

DAMN. This is impressive from the new guy.

Good ending! Glad we're going to see more from Fabian.

- Regal/McIntyre:
Watch Zelina sign the contract on Andrade's behalf.

- Aleister vs. Dream set:
Black is going to kill him, but Velveteen will at least get to show what he's all about first.

- Profits/Tino/Riddick:
I wonder whose Maserati that really is.

I mean, those are pretty nice suits.

I like Tino and Riddick. They're becoming more of a unit.

- Drew/Almas/Vega:
I'm all for this new alliance.

That was good!

- Billie/Peyton/Kairi:
I like the Iconic Duo. I'm glad they're working together.

I'm curious how Sane vs. Billie will go.

- Authors vs. EY/Wolfe:
This is fun so far. I like how each side does its thing.

The Authors are just pure destruction all the time.

I love the incredible power on display here.

I'm excited to see the Authors on Raw or Smackdown before too much longer. Them facing the Bludgeon Brothers could be amazing.

EY is pretty good in this role.

Impressive German suplex!

Wolfe is growing on me here.

The Authors ALMOST took the title back.

- Post-match:
The Undisputed Era is definitely making their presence known here.

NXT's put on notice.

Whoa! Roderick deciding to join his ROH buddies after all.

HAHAHA Strong not having any of their crap.

Man. This is just all-out chaos.

See, THIS is when you bring out a big gimmick match. When a feud is so insane it NEEDS to be settled in some kind of crazy super-match. I look forward to the return of that match type.

-- ROH: 
- Cody on commentary:
I'm starting to find Cody a little overexposed. Obviously he's the world champion and a big signing, but I'd like to see some other talents get a little more screen time.

- O'Ryan vs. Gresham:
Nice start.

Gresham could use his buddies at ringside here.

Gresham's growing on me.

Haha the ref waited until MCMG came by to even things up.

This is OK.

Ha. This was basically just a big mess to set up something more.

- Cody promo:
I mean, hey. There's something to be said for a fighting champion.

- Cody vs. S. Sky:
NICE start.

I like the story so far. Scorpio's making the most of his opportunity at greatness.

I'm enjoying cocky champ Cody.

I really hope we don't have to see Cody tease facing Bryan for another ten months or whatever. It was cute at first, but it's time to focus on the people who are already in the company.

That was OK to reinforce Cody's role.

- Caprice/King:
Mehhhhhhhh.

Interesting shade being thrown by Caprice.

- Addiction promos:
This is cringe-worthy. It almost always sounds fake when someone talks about "the marks" or shooting or whatever on a wrestling show.

ROH cutting to break was really funny.

Blah blah blah blah blah. They're hardly making a statement given where they are on the card.

- Lethal/KUSHIDA vs. Addiction:
Eeeehhhhh. Daniels and Kazarian are getting stale, which is a shame.

I like what the faces did there.

OK, the Curry Man spot got me. That was funny.

The faces are a pretty solid tandem.

Good enough story here.

One of my main complaints about ROH is the same people doing the same stuff over and over. I've been seeing Lethal, Daniels, and Kazarian forever by now.

That was going pretty well until the blown handspring spot.

Things picked up there at the ending. The Addiction are even less of a threat after that loss.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment