Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 11/7/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- AJ/Jinder promos:
I liked this start to the show. Neither man treated the other as beneath him.

- Shane/New Day/Owens/Zayn:
I'm thinking Kane costs Raw the match by attacking Braun or something. It's just a matter of time before Stephanie tries to fire Angle and we start the build to Angle vs. HHH at WM34.


Was Shane behind Kane attacking Bryan? It would be an interesting wrinkle, although I don't know what the end game would be.

It's still a little weird to see people so passionate about somewhere they've only spent a few months on, but the story's been good.

OH MY GOD Shane and New Day dancing.

Kofi taking a shot at Sami's dancing was great.

Really weird that New Day invaded while Owens and Zayn aren't taking advantage of such tactics.

Damn. Kofi going in on Sami.

I do wonder what's next for whatever we're calling WWE's version of Steenerico. Zaynowens? Owe-zayn?

- Sami vs. Kofi:
Solid start.

This is going well so far.

These two are working off each other pretty well.

I'm liking this.

Nice counter-wrestling here.

That was pretty good, although it hardly makes Sami a star to lose clean to Kofi.

- Post-match:
Watch the main event of Survivor Series turn into run-in city with Kane, Zayn, Owens, Bray, etc.

- Jinder/Singhs:
That wasn't bad! I kind of like him being an aristocrat instead of doing the tired "I'm Indian and people hate that" thing.

- B. Bros:
I like this. The name's not great, but they play it well.

- Aiden promo:
English is really adding to Rusev's act.

- Orton vs. Rusev:
I almost always love the "it could have ended in 30 seconds!" spot to snap fans out of the idea matches are going to be big clashes. Of course, Randy actually winning that quickly would be a bad way to celebrate Rusev Day.

This is solid.

Rusev would be a fun face at some point.

Not bad for the time it had.

- Ellsworth/Tamina/Becky:
Ahhh I love Ellsworth.

Wait. Where IS Carmella? Did the other women beat her up?

Haha. Pretty good.

- Ellsworth vs. Becky:
Those pushups made me want to see a gimmick where Scott Steiner mentors Ellsworth. That would be AMAZING. 

Nice start.

Becky doing a pretty good job here.

You know there's someone out there raging that WWE's about to have a woman beat a man.

This is pretty fun.

Hahahaha nice ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Damn, Carmella. That's pretty rough!

- Shane/Charlotte/Natalya:
Wow, Natalya. Some of that Hart arrogance showing through.

Alexa vs. Charlotte would be pretty good, since they've never feuded.

- Usos promo:
That was pretty good. They're much better in this role.

- Benjamin/Gable vs. Usos:
I like the aggression from the faces after they got JUMPED by the wardens of Uso Penitentiary.

This is pretty solid.

Good while it lasted!

- AJ interview:
AJ definitely coming across like a top guy here.

AJ vs. Lesnar could be amazing.


- Next week's matches:
I like them setting things up in advance like that.

- AJ v. Jinder:
Mahal's getting cocky.

Nice start. I like how they're working together.

AJ's definitely a top wrestler.

Mahal's not bad himself.

AJ's really smooth. Working for so long in so many places has done a lot for him.

Nice Styles Clash counter.

I'm liking Jinder countering Styles' best moves.

Nice Calf Crushr spot.

This is going pretty well!

I like the story here. AJ has Jinder on the defensive.

Haha AJ's going to take them all out if he can!!

DAMN. This is getting good!

That was really great!! AJ earned the win in a match that did pretty good by Jinder, too.

- Post-match:
Oh, Jinder's upset!!

I can't shake the feeling Jinder will get the title back after Survivor Series for the big Indian tour, but this was good.

-- 205 Live: 
- Zo Show:
This man has single-handedly brought this show's entertainment value way up.

Enzo killing the UK here.

I love it. He just roasts everyone ALL THE TIME.

I like the introductions here.

I like this.

Enzo just burying Mark Andrews there. I'm DYING.

Ahhhhh that was fun.

- Gallagher promo:
Jack going hard on the UK, too. I love it. Nothing against the UK (other than all the singing chants), but it's fun to hear someone stick it to the local crowd.

I was skeptical about Jack as a heel, but this was great.

- Kalisto vs. Gallagher:
Good start. I like Kalisto being a new face on the show.

This is going well! Both men are solid.

I'm liking what both men bring to the table here.

I like how they're playing off each other's strengths. Good work.

Nice match!

- Enzo interview:
Not bad.

- Cedric/Andrews vs. J. Drake/Conners:
Good start from the UK lads. I love Nese, Gulak, etc., but it's good to see new faces in the mix.

Wow. Nice work so far.

This is going pretty well.

Cedric's pretty impressive.

Good ending sequence!

- Enzo vs. Bate:
Enzo's got his work cut out for him against these UK guys.

Damn. Bate's solid.

Enzo's not an amazing wrestler, but he gets by doing what he does.

Wow. Bate's impressive!

Wow! I didn't expect Enzo to beat the former UK champion clean.

- Post-match:
Not bad to keep things moving toward Survivor Series. I definitely liked seeing other people in the ring on this show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment