Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 11/14/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shane pep talk:
I see how people think there should at least be a trophy or something at stake for such a big night. I guess the main thing on the line is Kurt Angle's job.

Asuka's got a LOT of potential opponents between Raw and Smackdown. I'm excited.

Survivor Series has definitely become a supercard. A lot of what makes the brand split work is keeping potential opponents apart until big shows like this.

I kind of want to see HHH vs. Shane at one point.

- Bryan/AJ:
Still waiting for Shane to reveal he sent Kane after Bryan.

I really wish we could get Kane vs. Bryan out of this, but no way does WWE clear Bryan given his medical history.

Good work from Daniel here.

I really like Daniel putting AJ over like this.

OH OH OHHHHHH Bryan going in on Brock.

I like the strategy from AJ here.

Wow. That was much better than what we would have gotten from Jinder and the Singhs.

- Jinder/AJ:
I'm VERY curious to see where Jinder goes next. If he's not WWE Champion in India, things don't look great for him as a top guy going forward.

- Corbin vs. Cara:
We could have both former Lucha Dragons as champions after Sunday!!


Sin Cara's good.

Good work so far.

I like Sin Cara being a real threat.

Corbin using his size, power, and strength to his advantage.

Sin Cara doing a lot of flying here.

Cara's doing a lot of movement for Corbin.

That was pretty good! Sin Cara looked credible in defeat.

- Hornets in the crowd:
That's cool to see.


- Shane/Bryan:
Yeah, Daniel's disappointed in Shane.


- Charlotte vs. Natalya:
These two always deliver.

Good start.

Both women are solid.

NICE spear spot.

I love the selling of the Sharpshooter's importance.

This is really solid!

Nice ending! That was definitely the town to do the title change in if they weren't going to save it for Starrcade. And I'm REALLY looking forward to Alexa vs. Charlotte.

- Post-match:
That was definitely good.

I'm glad they waited a while to give Charlotte the title after she dominated on Raw for so long.

I LOVED the queen/goddess remark.

Big moment for Charlotte.

OH MY GOD that's awesome.

- B. Bros:
These two are an interesting pair.

I assume we're in for them facing Breezango.

- Usos promo:
Haha. I like the shade.

I'm SO glad we're getting this version of the Usos after so many years of them as faces.

- Jimmy Uso vs. Gable:
Nice start.

I hope Gable doesn't get lost in the shuffle with Jordan's push.

This is pretty solid! I like the story.

Gable's good.

This is solid.

Gable is one of my favorites.

Not bad at all to keep this feud going.

- Women's tease:
Um. I kind of assumed Natalya would replace Charlotte. Unless we're in for a surprise??

- Kevin/Sami:
I'm sure these two will be at Survivor Series in some way. Look out Shane!

Fun enough.

- New Day promo:
Haha. Kofi does have quite the career compared to the NXT alums.

Ugggghhhhh.... a poop line.

Interesting. I wonder what the end game is for New Day. Does one of them split off?

- Xavier/E vs. Owens/Zayn:
Nice start.

I'm liking the teamwork from New Day.

I love Big E going on a roll.

This is nice!

- Post-match:
Hahahahaha not surprised Sami and Kevin bailed.

Damn. Shane and Bryan really should have invested in security for this show.

You know the Raw/Smackdown rivalry is intense when the Raw women are helping Alexa.

OOOHHHH YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHH Braun's here!

Braun vs. Shinsuke could be a lot of fun.

Shane's crazy enough to face off with Braun.

I'm enjoying this a lot.

I love the Shield/Angle/Shane stuff.

Really, really good final sell for Survivor Series.

-- 205 Live:
- Kalisto/Enzo/Gulak:
I like Kalisto getting a big moment here.

Oh this should be fun from Enzo and Gulak.

- Gallagher/Kendrick/Swann:
I really enjoy the combination of Jack and Brian.

Nice segment to introduce everyone.

- Kendrick/Gallagher vs. Cedric/Swann:

I like a tornado tag match here and there.

I like Brian's roughness.

It's hazardous to be a WWE announcer sometimes.

Good strategy from the heels.

I enjoy Cedric's work here.

Wow. Jack saving Kendrick there.

I really liked the double submission spot.

That submission work was nice.

I love this.

Good work all around.

These guys have each other scouted.

Good action here.

That was a really good ending.

- Ariya/Mustafa:
Haha. I like Ariya's attitude.

Ehhhhh. The "making fun of someone else's language" thing isn't great in 2017.

I like there being an overarching story for the brand.

- Ariya vs. Mustafa:
Fun work in the early going.

I like the story so far.

These two work together pretty well.

Wow. A frog splash not ending it is telling.

Nice ending!!

- Kalisto/Tozawa:
Does anyone's celebration ever end well in WWE?

- Enzo/Gulak:
HAHAHAHA Enzo so generous to get Kalisto a big pay day by wrestling a star.

Enzo could throw one hell of a party.

I LOVE the dynamic between Enzo and Gulak.

- Gulak vs. Kalisto:
I like Drew's strategy here.

Haha. They're making the most of the cake being there.

Someone's got to hit that cake eventually!

This is pretty solid.

Hahaha I liked Gulak avoiding the dive.

I'm loving Drew here.

Nice ending!

- Post-match:
Enzo with the birthday beatdown.

Haha I don't think that cake is going to survive.

Kalisto's doing well against two guys.

HAHA finally!!

Good ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment