Total Pageviews

Friday, November 24, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/22/17

Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Ruby vs. Sonya:
I wonder how far in advance they knew this was going to be a Raw vs. Smackdown match.

I think both women should do well.

These two are working together well. Their styles mesh well.

Deville is pretty solid here.

I'm really glad we're going to see more of both women. I'm impressed here.

A Shining Wizard into a triangle?? Awesome!!!!

This is pretty cool.

Great work!!

- Lars interview:
I'm very surprised Lars beat Kassius.

Not bad!!

- Ember interview:
I'm curious what's next for her and how long she'll be champion.

- McIntyre promo:
That was a scary injury.

I hope Drew doesn't miss long. He has been absolutely amazing.

- Dunne vs. Gargano:
Oh, this is already solid. Two skilled veterans at work.

I like Dunne's ruggedness.

Both men have a clear strategy here.

Johnny is a great ragdoll for someone like Dunne.

Nice counters.

I'm really impressed!

WOW. Nice dive into a DDT.

Loving all the counters here.

I'm VERY impressed. They keep pushing things to the next level.

Nice spot throwing away the mouthguard.

Great ending!

-- ROH:
- Taven vs. White:
I like this start!

Both men are pretty solid.

I'm liking the story here.

White putting up quite a fight!

This is going pretty well!

Not bad! I am getting a little tired of all the run-ins, though.

- Post-match:
That was pretty cool to keep things moving on. ROH is doing a better job telling coherent stories.

- Flip/C2C:
Another solid story segment.

- Taylor vs. Burger:
I like the ongoing story of people making it into the PPV title match.

I like the story here.

This is pretty fun.

Good story!!

- Post-match:
I'm still split on The Dawgs as characters. It's different, which can be good as it resets our perceptiosn of them, but I'm not sold on the direction.

- Silas promo:
ROH has really turned around lately. I don't know whom to credit for that, but they're doing much better top to bottom.

- Flip/C2C/S. Sky:
These little, simple segments are good for making matches matter instead of just throwing them together.

- Castle vs. Page:
GREAT start.

Castle is motivated here. I like it.

Page is talented, too.

I like the story with Bullet club here.

I'm always impressed with the SSP off the apron.

That was awesome! Dalton is really coming into his own.

- Post-match:
Again, great job building for Final Battle.

- Bully/Koff/Briscoes/V. Sky/Dreamer:
Bully is wonderfully making this a BIG deal.

OH MY GOSH those glasses.

Bully putting on one hell of a performance.

I love Koff being brought out for this, and I love him only being involved in something this seriously.

This is great to make Jay a BIG heel.

OH MY GOD. This is going well.

They built this for a long time, and pulled out all the stops with the guests.

I LOVE IT! Great heel work from the Briscoes.

That was brilliant.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment