Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 11/21/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Shane/Zayn/Owens/Bryan:
Shane's really optimistic despite how Survivor Series went.

Babyfaces can be pretty cringeworthy sometimes. "It doesn't matter that we lost because we FOUGHT HARD!"

I mean, Kevin and Sami won their match, too.

Sami and Kevin ducking responsibility. I like it.

Wow. Big confidence from Owens.

Haha Sami agreeing with all those charges. Heck, they might just go back to Raw!

Smackdown losing two such decorated superstars would definitely be a hit. Is it worth letting those talents go to Raw?

I think it'd be a bigger punishment to make them face the rest of the roster given the whole betrayal thing. Or suspend them without pay. Firing them means they'll go right to Raw.

Haha Bryan not palling around with the former ROH duo.

No Orton? Interesting.

See, Bryan knows how to punish them.

I'm glad they addressed wanting to fire them before realizing that would be self-destructive.

- Jey Uso vs. Shelton:
Nice start.

Shelton's still pretty game.

Solid work here.

Nice ending!

- Zayn/Owens/Corbin/Roode:
Yeah, I don't know if Sami and Kevin thought their betrayal all the way through.

Oh Sami and Kevin are in so much trouble.

- Naomi/Ruby/Liv/Logan/Becky:
Wow. It's NXT women debut week! I love Ruby. Are all the invaders on the same side or what?

Not a bad beatdown angle.

- Shane/Bryan:
They don't seem very concerned about three unauthorized talents attacking their superstars backstage.

I still think something's up with Shane.

- B. Bros vs. H. Bros:
Nice dominance early.

Not bad to establish the former Wyatt brothers.

- Natalya interview:
Um. Is this really a good idea after that backstage attack? Everything's pretty casual.

I wonder if Natalya got the NXT names to come to Smackdown to disrupt things?

I doubt Natalya's cat could beat The Goddess of WWE.

Mostly fun work.

- AJ/Jinder/Singhs:
The Inferior Brand Champion.

I'd watch another match between Brock and AJ.

Jinder studying strategy from Survivor Series. I like it.

Beastmaster is a cool nickname!!

You'd think Jinder would want his rematch in India...

Jinder needs to recruit some more bodyguards. Is Khali too busy?

- Sami/Owens/Rusev/Aiden:
Canada already had their Thanksgiving...

I like the angle to try to get Rusev on board.

- Charlotte vs. Natalya:
Nice start.

These two always match up well.

Yeah, don't taunt The Queen!

This is really solid!

Pretty good while it lasted. How in the world did those three get back in after attacking people backstage? You'd think they'd be banned from the building or something.

- Post-match:
So much for my suggestion Natalya recruited them.

Liv seems kind of out of place here. Hard to buy her as a badass. That said, she's been in developmental a long time. They probably felt it was time for a change of pace for her.

- Owens/Zayn/Bryan:
This is hardly going to endear Bryan to his employees!

- Next week:
Should be good!

- Kofi/E vs. Zayn/Owens:
I'm a little surprised this is two-on-two.

Nice start.

Haha, the lumberjacks clearly have an agenda here.

Hahahaha I love the partisanship.

I like New Day being able to be a top team.

Kevin is such a natural heel. I love it.

I want to see Big E get another singles push at some point.

YA BLEW IT, BARON!!

Well, so much for Smackdown unity.

Ha. Sami pulled it out after all!

- Post-match:
Kevin BAILING.

Sami not so lucky.

Haha. Kevin's going to wish he was fired if this punishment keeps up.

-- 205 Live:
- Enzo/heels:
From cake to turkey!

That "rep" line cracks me up.

I love Enzo putting that title shot over everyone's head.

OH MY GOD DREW GULAK. I wonder how many of those costumes have been made.

- Gulak promo:
This man is GOLD. The lines about the street were great.

This show is worth keeping around just for Drew and Enzo.

- Gulak vs. Tozawa:
Nice start.

WOW. Great suicide dive counter.

Haha nice use of the sign.

This is something else.

Nice suplex spot.

A cruiserweight hardcore match is an interesting experience.

OUCCCHHHHHH the side of the table probably hurts the most.

Gulak can be pretty cruel.

Nice cannonball spot.

That was a pretty cool ending sequence.

- Hideo arriving:
This will be big. I look forward to Hideo kicking and GTSing his way to the top.

- More Thanksgiving:
Not bad to keep things going.

- Mustafa vs. Nese:
I feel like I've seen this match 1,000 times.

Good work early.

This is heating up well!

OUCH. That bump on the barricade.

Wow. Nese is really sending a message.

I'm impressed here.

This is nice!

I like Nese's countering of Ali's high offense.

Not bad at all!

- Even more Thanksgiving:
I'm liking this version of 205 Live. No one else takes the show seriously, so they might as well do this kind of thing.

Bathroom humor is one of the lowest levels of humor, but Vince loves it.

- Ariya/Noam vs. Cedric/Swann:
Good start.

The action on this brand is pretty much always solid. They recruited some really good athletes.

Everyone doing good stuff here.

Swann's agility is something else.

Pretty good ending sequence!

- Post-match:
I'm hoping for this leading to an elimination match since we didn't get that at Survivor Series.

This is pretty big.

Ahhhhh, good times.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment