Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 16, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/15/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Profits vs. Tino/Riddick:
I'm enjoying the face team's teamwork.

I like Tino and Riddick getting more physical. This is personal for them.

Good story being told here.

Underwhelming ending.

- Lars vs. Mendoza:
Raul's got his work cut out for him here.
 
I like Lars being a force of nature. I'm curious how his match with Kassius will go.

That wasn't bad!

- Post-match:
Kassius standing up for Raul here.

Lars vs. Kassius should be interesting.

- Regal/Gargano:
I miss Tommaso Ciampa a LOT after that awesome heel turn.

I mean, hey, if Regal says it's OK for Johnny to challenge for the UK Title, I guess it's OK! I don't guess there's really a UK GM right now. It should be a really good match.

- WarGames video:
I'm excited for the first WarGames match in a really long time.

That was all pretty good to sell how big of a deal the match is. Gimmick matches should mean something more than "it's the month where we do this kind of match."

- Ember vs. Mercedes:
Nice start.

Ember's really smooth.

I'm liking this so far.

Martinez is impressing me here.

Mercedes is pretty game here. Ember's always solid.

Pretty good ending.

- Post-match:
Nice sell for WarGames.

- McIntyre/Zelina/Almas:
I like Drew's confidence here. His main event experience in Impact is helping him out.

Strong promo from Drew.

I like the challenge for Almas to prove himself independently of Vega.

Zelina in the lead. She's a good example of a strong female character who wrestlers can still get heat on. Contrast that to Stephanie running all over everyone.

Hahaha I liked Zelina's assist.

That was good to establish Andrade as a threat! I look forward to the match.

-- ROH:
- Punishment vs. J. Woods:
Oh, I'm enjoying this already.

Woods is good.

I like that Josh is able to pose a threat to Punishment.

This is nice!

Damn. Both men doing good work here.

I liked that chokeslam counter.

Pretty good match overall!

- Briscoes promo:
This is reeeaaalllllyyyyyy dragging on. I'm ready for the next step.

- Lethal/Scurll:
Jay's really spinning his tires. He's talented, but what's really left for him to do here?

I like Scurll shading Lethal, although that Jay always came across as a caricature.

I like this back-and-forth.

Ooooohhhh.... Scurll just throwing him all around here.

Pretty good overall.

- King vs. M. Briscoe:
Oh wow haha. Jay's not very confident in his injured brother. He did take a scary looking bump.

- Post-match:
Oh this is fun.

Heck, just have the whole locker room in the TV title match.

That was fun enough.

- Pulpit:
I'm iffy on this segment setup so far, but I like people getting some time to get their characters over.

I'm curious about the next step for Caprice and Shane Taylor.

- Friends vs. Addiction:
Ha. It didn't take long for this to break down with everyone involved.

This is fun so far. I like Chuckie T.

Fine teamwork from both sides here.

The Addiction are a pretty smooth duo.

Chuckie's on a roll!

I'm impressed with all the action here.

Everyone doing good work here.

We ALMOST made it a whole night without a run-in. Fine by me.

Pretty good work overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment