Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 11/28/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Shane/Bryan:
Part of me wants to see Bryan side with Owens and Sami given their shared indie history.

Is it worth sending Sami and Kevin to Raw given their talent?

I'd watch Shane vs. Bryan, but no way does it happen.

Hahaha I liked the brass ring line.

Shane doing Sami's dance was great.

So, no disqualifications unless Sami comes to ringside?

- New Day/Gable/Benjamin:
No idea why they went this route, but it was a nice change of pace.

- Sami/Owens/Bryan:
There's something interesting building here.

- Usos at ringside:
OK, gross.

- Gable/Benjamin vs. Kofi/Xavier:
Nice start. Xavier is underrated.

The former amateurs are gelling pretty well.

More good work from Gable and Benjamin.

Kofi flying all around here.

Not bad!

- Charlotte/Naomi/Natalya:
I like the motivation here.

Oh, I think people will remember the new trio.

- H. Bros vs. B. Bros:
Yeah, good luck against these two beasts.

I just realized I REALLY want to see Harper and Rowan face the Authors of Pain.

Not bad!

- Post-match:
We finally get the split! I wanted Ryder to turn, though. He's been face a LONG time and there's the motivation for him to feel like he's really fallen from where he used to be.

It's a little hard to take someone named Mojo seriously as a heel, especially with the way he wrestles.

I'm willing to see how this goes.

- Roode/Corbin:
Not a bad start to this feud.

Pretty good to move things along.

- Jinder/Singhs/AJ:
I don't blame Jinder for taking that approach. AJ could wipe the floor with these two.

- AJ vs. Singhs:
I can't say I expected the Bollywood Boyz to wrestle the WWE Champion!

This isn't bad.

Boom. It's over.

- Post-match:
Jinder is VERY disappointed in these two.

- R. Squad interview:
Honestly, I was hoping for The Riott Family. This is good, too.

I like Ruby's attitude here.

It's still hard for me to take Liv seriously. She looks like she goes clubbing with a fake ID.

That wasn't bad! It's just that Liv doesn't really fit with the other two.

- Natalya/Charlotte/Naomi vs. R. Squad:
Ruby getting physical. I like it.

Wow, Natalya. Just not even dealing with this.

Liv getting schooled.

Charlotte and Naomi might just be able to do it!

I'm liking Charlotte vs. Ruby.

I'm liking the story here.

Damn. Divide and conquer!

Charlotte is making a run for it!!

Not bad at all! Ruby's got this, for sure.

- Post-match:
Yeah, I think they're going to remember the NXT alumni after that.

- Orton backstage:
You know, I'm surprised so many wrestlers do give interviews backstage when they can clearly just leave.

- F. Files:
NNNOOOOOO!!!!!! THEY GOT TULLY!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha poor Konnor and Vincent. I'm dying.

- Owens vs. Orton:
I like this being a serious fight.

Oh, Orton's pissed.

This is pretty good. I love this style of match.

Damn. That kendo stick is getting a lot of use!

Nice work here.

OOOUUCCCCCHHHHHHHH that missed cannonball.

Orton's really working him over.

Yeah, Shane didn't think this stipulation through.

I'm glad Owens got the win!

-- 205 Live: 
- Enzo/Noam:
I mostly like The Zo Train thing.

- Swann vs. Dar:
Hahaha Noam's mind games.

These two work together pretty well.

This is pretty solid.

Wow. Impressive agility from Swann on that flip leg drop.

That was pretty good!

- Kalisto interview:
Ehhhhh. Nothing all that interesting.


- Gallagher vs. Kalisto:
Gallagher is unbelievably smooth.

This is pretty fun.

Jack is a believable grappler. That's appreciated in 2017.

Impressive stuff here.

These two are telling a good story!

Hahaha nice save, Kendrick.

- Post-match:
Not bad to move Kalisto to something new.

- Hideo hype:
I like how everyone on the brand is treating this like a big deal.

- Swann/Cedric/Mustafa:
I'm split on this segment. It was effective in its simplicity, but kind of bland.

- Gulak/Nese:
Drew Gulak has been far and away one of the best parts of this show from a character standpoint. He's hilarious.

That was way too much fun. I look forward to seeing what he pulls out each week.

- Gulak/Nese vs. Cedric/Mustafa:
Drew heeling the fans for chanting for him. I love it.

Fine work here.

Ha. Get your head in the game, Cedric!

I like the heels' teamwork here.

I'm mostly enjoying this.

I like the tension building between Cedric and Ali.

That was a good ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment