Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Takeover: WarGames Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT brand WWE Network special.

-- Kickoff:
- Booker on the panel:
Amazing it's been so long since Booker's time in WarGames.

- Iconic Duo:
I like the dynamic with these two.

That was pretty good to sell the personalities involved in the match.

- Opening video:
That was pretty cool.

- Ohno vs. Lars:
I like Sullivan looking like a threat against the accomplished indie talent.

Good use of power by Lars here.

Nice work so far.

Ohno's doing a good job feeding for him.

Ohno's bringing it to him.

Wow. Kassius keeps on hitting him, but Lars keeps on going.

WOW. I really didn't expect Lars to get the win there.

- Black vs. Dream:
Dream's getting more comfortable as a character. I like it.

Nice start.

Black is REALLY impressive.

I love the mind games here.

This is going pretty well. It's a big opportunity for Dream.

I'm enjoying the story being told here.

I'm really liking Black. He's got a lot going for him.

I wouldn't have minded the rolling DVD ending it. Dream hanging this long is good for him.

This is impressive!!

I really liked that. Dream's biggest test to date as he continues to come into his own, and Black continues to be one of my favorites.

- Post-match:
That was pretty cool.

- Sane vs. Ember vs. Cross vs. Peyton:
Everyone starting hot.

No one letting anyone else get much of an advantage.

They're already pulling out big flashy moves!

I'm liking the urgency. Each lady is doing her best to show why she's game in the post-Asuka world.

Ember's really impressive here.

There's definitely a lot of energy here.

That was one heck of a crossbody!!

I love Nikki Cross. She's great here.

Damn. This is really good!!

Jesus. Everyone pulling out moves everywhere.

That was pretty big!!

- Post-match:
That was a pretty nice touch.

- McIntyre vs. Almas:
I'm liking this already.

This is personal. I like it.

Zelina's guidance is doing wonders for Almas.

This is pretty smooth in the early going.

Hahahahaa I liked Zelina trying to get involved like that.

I'm impressed so far!

Both men going pretty hard here.

I'm glad Drew's getting to be such a big presence. He's worked really hard.

Andrade has improved a lot as a heel.

That was a really cool Alabamaslam spot.

OUCCCHHHH that was one hell of a fall from the dropkick.

These two are working together pretty well.

Damn. Almas is looking pretty game!

This is heating up to become quite the encounter.

WOW. Almas is having a really good showing here.

Almas is TTTTHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS close to winning the title.

Hahah I loved Almas and Vega taking advantage of the referee there.

GOD. A lot of great near fal spots here.

Vega saving Andrade there. This has been an AMAZING battle of wills.

That was one hell of an ending sequence!!! Wow. Really great work.

- Post-match:
Really big night for Andrade. I didn't see this one coming, but it works for me.

- Rhodes and Arn in the crowd:
Wow. This is definitely a big historical night for WWE.

-- WarGames:
- EY vs. Cole vs. Strong:
Cole already starting the mind games!!

Yeah, Cole is not popular in NXT right now given how his group debuted.

This is a pretty interesting start given everyone's pre-NXT history.

Nice use of the cage so far.

Cole's doing well against the odds so far.

Strong on a roll here.

- U. Era vs. EY vs. Strong:
Oh this is going to be a long stretch for EY and Roderick.

Ahhhh it's so good to see reDRagon again.

Haha. The Era just running all over these guys.

I'm enjoying the story here.

- U. Era vs. EY vs. Strong/AoP:
I like Fish and Kyle trying to keep their advantage.

The Authors are fresh. Killing is about to begin.

I LOVE the strength from the Authors here.

Oh this is so much fun.

Good God. The Authors are destroying the ROH alums.

- U. Era vs. EY/Dain/Wolfe vs. Strong/AoP:
OH this is turning into a hardcore match. I love it!!!

SAnitY is out for destruction. I'm loving this!!

This is pure chaos in the best possible way.

Good God. I don't even know how to describe this carnage. It's definitely a war.

OH MY GOD HE JUST SWALLOWED A KEY.

I love Killian Dain. I didn't dislike Sawyer Fulton, but Killian is at a completely different level.

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY WHAT A CROSSBODY!!!!!!

Dain is unreal here.

This is one hell of a match. They're absolutely blowing the concept out of the water.

Killian's strength is INSANE.

I love the hoss battle with Dain against the Authors.

I'm really impressed with this. A lot of talent in those rings.

Kyle getting downright violent. Ouch.

THIS WHOLE MATCH IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!!

Good God that Super Collider!!!!!!!

EY has some serious guts going against those monsters.

One hell of a battle here, and it keeps on going!

Funny spot with Cole in the center of the rings.

Jesus Christ what a German. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this.

This is a demolition derby.

Cole and Strong are going to kill each other here.

OHHHHH MMMYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD what a superplex from the cage.

I wouldn't have minded Strong winning from that INSANE spot. Going to be hard to top that.

They're making great use of everything involved here.

This just keeps on going. Crazy sequence after crazy sequence.

Impressive ending. I'm spent after watching so much action there. Just... wow.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment