Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 10/31/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shane promo:
I appreciate Shane wanting his show to matter.

Another McMahon feud. I have a bad feeling Shane's kids are going to feud with Stephanie's kids on the 50th anniversary of Raw.

Shane's a pretty good motivator.

I do wonder how Kane attacked Bryan. Did Raw management set that up, or did Kane do it on his own?

Survivor Series is heating up pretty well. I like both brands promoting things.

- Roode vs. Ziggler:
-- Fall One:
Nice action to start.

These two play off each other well.

It's a shame it took this long for Roode to be part of WWE. He's really good.

He finally got to remind us who's Glorious.

Good win for Dolph, although it's still hard for me to buy the superkick as a finisher given how many wrestlers use it as casually as a clothesline or DDT.

-- Fall Two:
Ziggler's doing a pretty good job here.

Not a bad second fall!

-- Fall Three: 
I like how both men are positioning for the big finisher.

This is a pretty good story.

The Zig Zag is such an underwhelming finisher.

This is quite impressive! Both men have a lot of skill on display.

The right guy won. Great match.

- Post-match:
Not bad!

- New Day/Rusev/Aiden:
I love the idea of "Raw spies" being backstage getting Halloween candy.

Rusev is a lot of fun.

I liked that overall.

- Women's division:
I like Ellsworth.

Wow, Natalya just throwing shade at the people defending "her" brand.

Not bad to show not everyone's on the same page despite their common rivals.

- Corbin vs. Cara:
This match again...

I can see the criticism of Corbin not being someone who can be a top worker, although some of that's because he's in this position on the show instead of working with people he can do more with.

I still think it's funny the "fake" Sin Cara from years ago is now wrestling as Sin Cara after there was a whole feud about it. What happens if he's exposed??

Oh, wow. Sin Cara's fired up!!

Corbin's not the first person to find out Sin Cara means business.

I liked the change of pace here compared to Corbin being the aggressor.

- Post-match:
Sin Cara doesn't play around!! Ask Simon Gotch or Chris Jericho.

- Usos/Shelton/Gable:
I'm getting pretty tired of the "B Show" meme.

That should be a good match next week!

Chad's rap was decent.

- Jinder promo:
NO ONE believes Jinder can beat Brock.

Not a bad promo.

- AJ vs. Samir:
OH MAN. Samir's going to pay for that.

Samir did about as well as C.M. Punk did in UFC.

- Post-match:
Glad to see Jinder have a vicious streak.

Not bad, I guess. Jinder's still the underdog against AJ and definitely Brock.

- Owens/Zayn:
I love them painting Shane as an egotistical opportunist.

I'm mostly liking this pairing, although we just had a similar angle between Owens and Jericho.

- B. Bros:
I like these two.


I guess they cut Darren, Emma, and Summer so they could have a replacement camera to smash.

- Aiden promo:
Aiden had to have been on the short list for releases. He's hardly someone they can't do without.

- Big E vs. Rusev:
I really hope Big E can be a top guy at some point.

These two usually have good matches against each other.

This is pretty fun so far.

I love Big E's suplexes.

This is going well!

Aiden making the most of being Rusev's assistant.

That was a pretty good ending to keep things going.

- Cara promo:
That was pretty cool.


- Shane/Aiden/Rusev:
I'm getting behind the Rusev Day thing. This is funny.

I hope they do make Rusev a face. He's hilarious.

- Strangerer Things:
OH MY GOD UGGO WAFFLES I'M DYING.

AHAHAHAAHAHA nice cameo from Tye.

WWE taking the piss out the siege angle was funny.

It's a little hard to take Luke and Erick seriously as the villains of something so silly.

Well that was creepy.

- Owens vs. Nakamura:
Owens is the King of Strong Stall.

Who would have thought this would headline Smackdown six years or so ago?

I like this so far.

I like the physicality here.

Kevin can be a mean dude in the ring. I like it.

And Nakamura can tear someone up with kicks and knees.

Owens might NEED Sami to help him out here.

I liked the big Fisherman's Buster. That was intense.

NICE powerbomb counter.

Zayn with the save!

Good teamwork from Team Montreal.

Wow, the heels are getting desperate here.

Orton evening the odds. I guess we'll get a tag match next week?

That was a pretty good ending.

-- 205 Live: 
- Gulak promo:
Drew is replacing Noam Dar as my favorite original 205 Live cast member, character-wise.

Right?? Way too much sugar in food already.

I don't see how he's a heel for trying to fight against childhood obesity and diabetes.

Fun work.

- Gulak vs. Tozawa:
This is a nice start. Each man does his style well.

Nice psychology so far.

Tozawa does really good work. It's kind of a shame he's stuck on 205 Live.

Nice work!

- Cedric/Swann:
Oh this should be interesting.

- Mustafa promo:
Well that was different!

- Swann vs. Kendrick:
This has potential. I wonder what Doink's Survivor Series clowns are up to these days.

Fine work so far.

I like the work of those at ringside.

These two are working together well. It's an age-old story because it works.

I'm liking this.

I love the Captain's Hook.

Nice superplex spot.

Good counter to the Hook.

That was pretty good work!

- Gran promo:
I liked that! October 31 isn't just Halloween.

- Ariya promo:
Now THAT was a good promo. He's smooth.

- Candy segment:
Nese is in way too good shape to eat candy!

- Ariya vs. Gran vs. Mustafa vs. Nese:
Fun start!

Flip or Treat!

The Halloween stuff is ridiculous. I love it.

Hahaha Ariya's fun here.

This is something else. I like it.

Nese's situps killed me. I wish 205 Live was this fun more often.

I continue to wonder who orders all these kendo sticks, and from whom.

Jim Cornette is probably fuming at this match.

HHAHAHA the candy superkick. I can't.

Now THAT was an impressive Tower of Doom.

Daivari's really growing on me tonight.

I don't think I've ever seen candy corn used as a weapon!

That was a blast.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment