Total Pageviews

Friday, November 10, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/9/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Eli/Adonis/Petey:
Ha. Eli and Adonis just completely ignoring that whole "Alberto getting involved" thing.

"Babe Ruth calling his shot" has been run into the ground by JBL's commentary.

I like how Drake turned that on Alberto.

Haha, wow. Can you tell a Canadian is in charge of the booking now? Petey getting a world title push out of nowhere.

Umm, Eli's still going to have to defend the title in Canada if he waits until the next episode.

That wasn't bad, but those three just don't come across as people to be in a world title feud without someone like Alberto or Lashley or someone present.

- Jacobs on commentary:
So, like, is he going to wrestle or is he just here to be goofy?

- Sonjay vs. Sydal:
I'm SO glad this isn't a six-man spotfest.

I like the story of working on Dutt's leg.

Sydal is really smooth. I'm impressed.

Heck, Sonjay's no slouch!

This is heating up well.

Not bad at all!

- Post-match:
If Impact keeps cutting wrestlers, they should probably cut the Grand Title, too.

I love EC3 just roasting Sydal here.

This is pretty good to set up another feud.

Nice nod to Sydal's nickname.

- Edwards vs. Phantasma:
This is good! Although how many titles are on this show now? Sheesh.

Wow. Both men working hard and impressing me here.

Eddie is absolutely a wrestling machine. He goes really hard.

This is going quite well!

Glad to see the teases of a Tiger Driver finally pay off.

Eddie really came into his own there. Great work from both mens.

- Atlas/Steeles vs. oVe:
Small note. As Callihan is now officially part of oVe, listing them that way means all three men are competing. If it's just Jake and Dave, I'll put "Crists" to indicate it's just the two of them.

Good to see Sami motivated here.

Big win for Ohio vs. Ottawa.

- Post-match:
The feud keeps going!

- Zane/Impact:
HAHA WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES HAKIM!! Or, at least you know, semi-pro leagues.

I like Johnny being fired up.

- Allie vs. Spinelli:
LOL Scott D'Amore already putting over his own promotion. Although this has been going on before he was officially in charge. And I don't blame him! It's easy content for Impact to use and makes them seem like a bigger deal.

I like Allie's character.

This is solid enough!

Not bad at all.

 - Alberto arrives:
Alberto just casually arriving late like a boss.

- Allie backstage:
Umm, Gail's probably announcing she's retiring.

- Alberto/Impact/etc.:
Damn, Johnny. You can't even let the man eat first?

HAHAHA Sutter showing up just to get destroyed by Impact.

So now we have an X-Division feud starting backstage. OK then.

Damn. Alberto and Johnny are going pretty hard.

I like this being such a big fight.

I'm surprised Impact can still afford security!

Oh, they're pissed.

This is CRAZY!!

That was a lot of fun. This show has been good!

AND THEY'RE STILL GOING AFTER THE BREAK!!!!!!!

I don't know who's in charge of Impact on-screen with Prichard, Cornette, Dutch, and Karen Jarrett gone, but whomever it is, they need to get out here before the company's two top guys kill each other.

I'm liking this a LOT. Hot start to the post-BFG direction.

This is intense. I like it.

I'm impressed as hell by this angle.

Really good way to get the focus on the on-screen action, at least for now. I'm excited to see what the next moves are.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment