Total Pageviews

Monday, February 26, 2018

Elimination Chamber Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw-brand WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:- Paige on the panel:
I like the comparison of Rousey having two big fights to allegedly a regular schedule.


- Bayley/Sasha/Mickie:
I think it's pretty clear we're in for Bayley vs. Sasha at Mania. It's just a matter of which one turns heel.

What if Mickie's the one using Alexa???

- Woken Matt interrupts:
This is getting pretty stale already.


- Rollins interview:
I'd be all for Seth walking out of Mania as the champion again, although that would more or less stall Roman's momentum.


- Gallows/KA vs. Miztourage:
Fine work early.

Luke and Karl are growing on me as workers. I guess because now they're not being hyped to high heaven.

Nice to see Bo and Curtis aren't total pushovers here.

Wow. Bo and Curtis doing better than I expected.

Good sprint from the former Bullet Clubbers.

Nice enough work overall.

- Heyman on the panel:
Classic work.

-- Elimination Chamber: 
-- Women's Elimination Chamber:
- Bayley vs. Deville:
Good start to things.


I like the contrasting strategies here.

Good to see Bayley showing aggression.

Nice big elbow drop.

- Bayley vs. Deville vs. Rose:
Can't say I didn't expect this.


Bayley has no fear!

Absolution is working together pretty well.

Oh I love trapping Bayley.

- Bayley vs. Deville vs. Rose vs. Sasha:
Wow. Alexa's got a good start with her opponents doing most of the work here.

Sasha coming in like a house of fire.

Good to see Deville getting this kind of opportunity.

NICE counter to the Banks Statement.

- Bayley vs. Deville vs. Sasha vs. Mickie:
I'm very glad to see Mickie still delivering at a big level.

NICE hurricanrana!

Jesus. Mickie's going all out!!

Pretty big spot!!

- Bayley vs. Sasha vs. Mickie:
That's the downside to doing a big spot like that. You're damaged enough for someone to pin you.


- Bayley vs. Sasha:
Hahahaaha they've been waiting to have Alexa trapped for a long time.


- Bayley vs. Sasha vs. Alexa:
I LOVE Alexa's character. She's just out to survive.

Pretty fun stuff here.

This is going to get dangerous.

The champ's going to divide and conquer.

I love Alexa being able to pick up the pieces. Such a heel.

This is really impressive!

Bayley vs. Sasha is pretty good. I hope they do end up having a Mania match.

Nice sneaky pin from Alexa.

- Sasha vs. Alexa:
OUCH.

Not a good place to be if you're Sasha.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY WHAT A TWISTED BLISS!!!!

NICE use of the Banks Statement. Big moves carry big risks, and that big splash left the champion vulnerable.

Alexa finally surviving.

Pretty good ending. The champion survives again.

- Bar vs. Titus/Apollo:
The Bar are rightly embarrassed after that Raw loss.

I like Apollo a lot. I wish we got to see more from him.

I don't recall thinking Sheamus and Cesaro would work together this well. They've really impressed me.

I like the submission work here.

Nice work isolating Apollo.

I hope they don't do a title change here. I like Titus and Apollo, but now's not the time to finish The Bar's reign.

Titus looks pretty good here.

Apollo is always impressive.

Great ending.

- Asuka vs. Nia:
Asuka is vicious!

Oh this is already solid.

Pretty intense work so far.

Nice kneebar counter.

These two play off each other really well.

I'm enjoying this a lot.

AWESOME leaping armbar.

This is badass as hell.

Ahhhhhhh solid work. I'd be all for a triple threat at Mania.

- Post-match:
Yeah, Nia's not taking that loss lightly.


Jax definitely made up for the surprise loss.

- Woken Matt vs. Bray:
Pretty fun so far.

Bray's doing a good job keeping Matt at bay here.

I feel like we're just killing time until the shenanigans take place.

Mehhhhhhhhh. Fine action, but this feud needs more to keep it going.

- Ronda contract signing:
Oh, great, it's the McMahons Show featuring Kurt and Ronda.

I like them linking Rousey to Kurt as big-time signings.

I'm very interested to see how often we see Ronda in action.

Wait, so she wants to be treated like everyone else, but she's getting a match at Wrestlemania as soon as she signs a contract?

I wouldn't be completely shocked to see HHH/Stephanie vs. Angle/Rousey headlining Mania, which would technically feature women headlining the show.

I'm glad Ronda's showing backbone. Not many people get to stand up to Stephanie.

That was all done well.

- Men's Chamber match:
-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Miz:
Not a good place for Miz to be right now.

I love Miz's contrast with these two.

This is already pretty solid.

I'm liking the back and forth here.

NICE double blockbuster.

-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Miz vs. Cena:
Cena smooth as always.


I love the chaos of this style of match.

WOW. Cena's strength is always amazing.

This is already really good.

NICE superplex spot.

-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Miz vs. Cena vs. Roman:
Fun to see Reigns go wild.

Solid showcase from Roman so far.

-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Miz vs. Cena vs. Roman vs. Braun:
Ohhhhh man. BUSINESS HAS JUST PICKED UP!!!


I love Beast Mode Strowman.

WOW. Big double suplex.

Hahahha Miz is trapped!

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY Miz took a hell of a fall there.

Ahh that was fun.

-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Cena vs. Roman vs. Braun vs. Elias:
I love Elias' strategy here.


I love the combined attack on Braun.

JESUS. What's it going to take to beat Braun??

Strowman taking a hell of a lot of punishment here.

Elias, you fool! Let them take Braun out first!

Hahahahahaah you tried, Elias.

-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Cena vs. Roman vs. Braun:
HOLY SHIT. Braun looks like a damn BEAST here.


That was badass as hell.

-- Rollins vs. Balor vs. Roman vs. Braun:
Braun giving those hands pretty generously.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY Braun looks superhuman!! They better have something big for him at Mania.

Another really solid segment. This is awesome.

-- Rollins vs. Roman vs. Braun:
Come on, Rollins! What are you thinking???

Wow. Seth and Roman are going to town.

I'm LOVING Braun here.

OHHHH MYYY GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD Braun surviving EVERYTHING.

JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY BRAUN'S UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!

-- Roman vs. Braun:
Roman's got his work cut out for him here.


I like how these two work together. Roman actually looks like the underdog for once.

Roman's going to need a damn wrecking ball or something.

That was a hell of a war!!!

- Post-match:
So, can Braun be the Seth Rollins of Mania this year??


More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment