Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 2/20/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- AJ/Corbin/Owens/Shane:
God I'm so ready for this to all be over. Smackdown needs a big reboot after Mania.

Oh come on. Of course Styles can beat Corbin.

Corbin as WWE Champion would be an interesting twist. No way does it happen, though.

God this whole angle is painful. It's gone on way too long.

Blehhhhh.

- Owens vs. Ziggler:
So-so start.

Good action so far.

Glad to see this heating up.

I like how this is going now. It's kicked into another gear.

AWESOME counter to the powerbomb.

Ohhhh.....

- Jinder/Roode/Orton:
OH MY GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE. Grown men caring about how they're ranked?

I guess this isn't as bad as attacking Shinsuke for being Japanese... still pretty bad, though.

Fine once it turned into action instead of focusing on the top 10 list.

- Bryan/Shane:
OH MY GOD JUST FIGHT ALREADY. Vince needs to come in and tell them to get their act together.

- R. Squad vs. Charlotte/Naomi/Becky:
Weird "offense" from Naomi.

I like the team of Naomi and Becky.

Naomi working really hard here.

The faces really have it going on in this one.

Wow. Great work from the faces.

Not a bad ending to save the night for the heel trio.

- Sami/Owens:
Holy shit Sami. No wonder Kevin's been so much more successful with that attitude.

- Xavier/Big E vs. Benjamin/Gable:
I'm liking the action so far.

I like the teamwork from Chad and Shelton.

Loving all the suplexes.

Impressive showing from Big E.

Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhh another dirty finish. I love Usos vs. New Day, but surely there could have been something else they could have done? Triple threat?

- Charlotte promo:
Charlotte vs. Ruby could be pretty good.

- B. Bros squash:
I do like some destruction.

Pretty nice work.

- Ruby promo:
Good setup for what's next.

- U.S. Title match set for Fastlane:
So what the hell was the point of Jinder being involved? Jesus. This show has really fallen lately.

- AJ vs. Corbin:
Styles can work with just about anyone. I like it.

I like how these two match up.

Corbin's just really bad at hitting the shoulder in the corner, isn't he??

Nice Deep Six work.

AJ countering End of Days was a thing of beauty.

Corbin can be pretty good in the right circumstances.

Pretty good ending sequence.

- Post-match:
I'm split, because Kevin/Sami/AJ has been kind of worn into the ground, but adding Corbin and Ziggler probably makes the match worse.

The post-Mania shake-up can't come soon enough.

-- MMC:
- Roode/Charlotte vs. Apollo/Jax:
Honestly, I'm fine with this show being goofy.

It is good to see more from Apollo.

Charlotte vs. Jax would be a lot of fun.

I have a feeling Dana's going to catch hands from Nia.

Good work from the women.

Charlotte makes a good ring technician.

Roode is really good.

This is going well enough.

Pretty solid.

- Post-match:
Good move to save Nia's heat.

-- 205 Live: 
- Ariya vs. Murphy:
Murphy getting a big opportunity here. He hasn't been on NXT TV in quite some time.

Wow. I'm already liking the new Murphy.

People taking apron bumps are insane.

Murphy is REALLY fired up. Glad he's getting this chance.

I liked the counter to Ariya's finisher.

Ehhh I'm usually not a fan of kickouts of finishers in less important matches.

Murphy's taken it to another level.

Good showing from the former NXT Tag Team Champion.

- Gran/Lince squash:
Fun lucha work.

I'm liking this offense here.

Pretty big work from the bonding luchadores.

Nice enough win.

- Gulak vs. Andrews hype:
I'm excited to see that one. Gulak impressed the hell out of me in the first round.

- Gallagher vs. Mustafa:
I love Gallagher as a character and as a wrestler.

I'm loving the cat and mouse game here.

Good to see how good these people really can be.

Both men really delivering here.

I'm loving all the counter-wrestling.

GOD missed dives always look so painful.

HOLY SHIT what a crossbody counter.

HAHAHA Jack's got his number with that armbar.

I'm really liking the ruthlessness from Jack here.

Ali's going to get out of this one maimed, win or loss, if Jack keeps this up.

Pretty nice work.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment