Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Honor Reigns Supreme Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH special event.
- Bully arrives:
Oh great. We can't miss Bully if he doesn't leave.

I suppose they did need an authority figure/mouthpiece for the brand, though, and he's got name value and a reputation to lend to the role.

- Punishment vs. Flip:
Nice start. Both guys are good at their respective style.

I like Flip getting on a roll but Punishment turning the tables.

This is pretty fun!

Flip is definitely one heck of an athlete.

I definitely prefer Martinez the big bruiser here.

That 450 would have been a sweet ending.

Pretty nice work!

- King vs. Taylor:
King can be someone with a future higher up the card. He's grown a lot.

Good work so far.

These two work together pretty well.

Haha good selfie spot.

Taylor's growing on me.

I'm liking this a good deal.

That was good. Shane looked like a credible contender.

- Tenille debut:
That's pretty cool! Definitely glad to see her again.

Good use of Bully.

- Silas vs. J. Woods:
Haha. I love that a poke to the eye countered some serious MMA strikes.

Oh Woods is kicking his ass here.

Good turning things around with Bruiser.

I'm OK with this match being more story-based. I'm sure we'll have some crazy action later to even things out.

Woods is legit. Damn.

I'm loving Woods here.

WOW. Chaos Theory was just a two? Damn.

Not a bad save for the champ.

- Dalton/Boys vs. SoCal:
Silly start. Not a bad thing, though.

Fun enough so far.

Haha nice spot teasing sitting on Scorpio.

If SoCal loses, I swear.

I'm liking the heel teamwork here.

Daniels has still got it.

I'm loving Dalton getting on a roll here.

Dalton has momentum going, for sure.

That wasn't bad at all!

- Post-match:
Wow. Did they really need to protect Dalton that much?

- Briscoes/Shelley:
I definitely prefer serious heel Briscoes.

This tag title feud is probably the most interesting the division has been since the Hardys were champs.

I like Shelley taking this seriously. He's out for blood.

This is BADASS.

Shit, the Guns might not make it to defend the titles.

- Tenille/Leon vs. Klein/Shadows:
Oh how I've missed seeing Tenille in action.

I'm liking this a lot already!

Leon's getting stomped here, damn.

Pretty cool DDT spot from Tenille and Shadows.

Well that was kind of quick.

- Lethal vs. Gresham:
I love the story so far.

This is heating up well.

Gresham seems to be growing. He's in there with a hard worker, for sure.

Gresham is REALLY focused on that arm.

This is really good. Simple story, but effective.

Lethal is fired up here. No more cartwheels.


Good fight feel here.

Gresham looks pretty legit in this one.

I loved the Figure Four counter.

Big match for Gresham here.

Wow. Lethal's putting him over big.

JESUS. All that and the elbow drop doesn't do it?

BIG fight. Gresham looked like a warrior in defeat.

- Cody/Page/Scurll vs. Kingdom:
Haha you don't want to face an axe with an umbrella.

Nice work to start.

I love the work between Taven and Cody.

This is already really impressive.

And here's your crazy dive spot of the night.

The Kingdom continue to grow as a unit.

Marty looking goof here.

Great teamwork from both sides in this one.

The Kingdom look pretty credible tonight.

And here's your big "everyone hit their signature move" spot of the night.

I'm really liking Cody vs. Taven.

NICE ending. I loved that.

- Bucks vs. Friends:
Ehh. I'm getting a little bored with the Bucks.

I think I would have preferred the previous match wrapping this up, BUT it's going to be hard to follow this amount of flashy moves.

And plenty of impressive spots already.

The sunglasses spot is killing me.

I'm a little surprised they're doing a selling spot instead of wall-to-wall stunts.

And now we're back to the antics people pop for.

There's some pretty good teamwork here.

The apron German always looks scary as hell.

You know... impressive spots. Not much new to say.

Funny dueling sharpshooter spot. Illogical, but pretty funny.

Apron bumps are pretty crazy in general.

Both teams really putting in work here. Great effort.

This is pretty impressive!

Really big win.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment