Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 2/13/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Ziggler/Corbin/Zayn/Owens:
I like Sami and Kevin not wanting anyone added to their match. Clever.

Now we're seeing Sami and Kevin as a serious threat to Smackdown. No silly catchphrases here.

Wow. I'm liking this.

NOW HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE NOW PLAYA!!!!! This seems like a perfect setup for straight-up TAG TEAM MATCH!!

- Charlotte vs. Logan:
Good to have Charlotte work with the newer names.

Smackdown could have had an Elimination Chamber match for their women's title if they so wanted.

I like Logan's straight-up brawling style.

This is nice!

Logan's working her over here.

Solid match!!

- Shane/Bryan: 
The feud continues yet again. I hope this angle truly concludes at Mania.

That's an interesting idea on Shane's part.

- Owens vs. Corbin:
This one's pretty physical.

I like the strategy from both men here.

They're doing quite a bit outside the ring in this one.

Baron seems to be growing as a worker.

I'm liking the back-and-forth here.

This kind of deflated Kevin as a threat to the title. Smackdown's booking has really been haphazard lately.

- Open Challenge:
Roode vs. Orton would be pretty tight.

Oh God we're already using the stupid Top 10 list. It's an OPEN challenge. You don't have to be in the top 40 to accept it, much less high on that list.

Haha Orton's not the only one who doesn't care about the list. He shouldn't. It's lame.

I kind of like how everyone's kind of stirring the pot with everyone else here.

I hate this. It's an open challenge, but he's turning away challengers because of the Top 10 list? KILL THIS NOW.

Good enough build of Jinder here.

- New Day/Gable/Benjamin:
I'm craving a ton of pancakes now. Damn.

I kind of like Gable and Benjamin wanting them to be serious.

This is kind of ridiculous, but I'm digging it.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. They made this personal when they said no one likes pancakes. Get that out of here.

- Big E/Kofi vs. Shelton/Gable:
I enjoy the amateur duo.

I LOVE all these suplexes.

Ehhhhhh. This brand's booking is falling apart.

- Dolph promo:
I don't even want to see Dolph headline Bound For Glory or Final Battle at this point, much less Mania.

- Usos/B. Bros:
That was pretty good from Jimmy and Jey.

BAH GAWD THAT TV HAD A FAMILY!!!!

- Owens/Sami:
Eh. Smackdown could really use some shaking up. 

- Ziggler vs. Sami:
I see why Dolph is fired up to be back. He's getting WWE Title opportunities now!

So wait, is Dolph a face now or?

Jesus, Sami. Way to avoid him. I guess he picked that up from Kevin.

Good athleticism as always from Dolph.

WOW what an Exploder!!!

Both sides really heating things up.

Both men impressing here. Dolph benefited from time off; he feels fresher now.

That was one hell of an ending sequence. Also, LOL at Sami losing clean. Another nail in the coffin of the two Montreal names being serious contenders.

-- MMC:
- Elias/Bayley/Rusev/Lana:
I was looking forward to seeing what song they'd come up with. I like these oddball pairings.

I love the matching gear.

- Elias/Bayley vs. Rusev/Lana:
I'm glad Lana isn't presented as Bayley's equal in the ring.

Fun stuff so far.

HAHAHAAH that guitar fake-out.

I see why Elias didn't want to match strength with Rusev.

Fine work between the men.

Yeah, Bayley's definitely got more experience here.

Not crazy about how that ending came together.

- Post-match:
Pretty fun moment. 

-- 205 Live: 
- Andrews interview:
Oh my God this is so boring. Every face is blending together.

- Tozawa vs. Andrews:
I like the work from both men early.

Andrews has a pretty good base here.

I like when Akira gets on a roll.

Andrews is definitely making the most of this opportunity.

I'm enjoying this a pretty good deal.

Wow. I'm impressed with Andrews here.

Heck, Tozawa's a machine here, too.

Pretty nice ending.

- Maverick/Gallagher:
They're killing the personalities that made this show bearable. But, the matchups are fresh. That should count for something.

- Murphy getting a shot:
This is a nice surprise. People have been praising Murphy's work on NXT live events.

- Gulak vs. Nese:
I'm always impressed with both men's technical work.

These two match up pretty well.

This is pretty impressive.

This is getting more intense. I like it.

Nese can get pretty fired up. It's good.

Both men are pretty motivated to win. I'm glad the match actually matters.

I'm REALLY impressed with the work going on here.

Jesus. Both men are delivering in this one.

This is INTENSE. I'm pretty pleasantly surprised.

GOOD GAWD GULAK'S TEARING HIM IN HALF.

WOW. Worth going out of your way to see this one.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment