Total Pageviews

Monday, February 5, 2018

Live Prichard podcast, Network collections removed, Candice on NXT live event debut, Reby on Broken IP, Booker vs. Corey?, WWE names tweet on Super Bowl, and Questions on journalists responding to critics on Twitter, Rock's absence from WWE, Ziggler in the Rumble, Cena vs. Balor booking, and Borash's future

Bruce Prichard and Conrad Thompson will do their podcast live in Las Vegas the night before Elimination Chamber. Their podcast is pretty over!

WWE Network has removed the "Tribute to the Troops" and "Colorful Characters" collections. I assume that means viewership was low for them.

Candice LeRae tweeted after her NXT live event debut. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for her and Gargano.

Reby Hardy celebrated getting ownership of the Broken Universe.

Booker T. discussed having issues with Corey Graves leading to Booker being pulled from the Raw announce team. I never got the impression Corey was actually antagonizing Booker beyond a kayfabe role on commentary. I would watch the hell out of them recreating Booker's grocery store fight in a Starbucks, though.

- Booker is looking to launch a Twitch channel soon. That's the new thing.

Jinder Mahal gloated about Rob Gronkowski's Super Bowl fate. I love it. I hope they face off at Mania.

Big E recognized a Philadelphia Eagles player's New Day merchandise. That's also great. 

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think there's some level of being entertained by engaging the trolls, and some of the people who follow the drama also find it amusing. That's pretty much my takeaway.

2. If Rock wanted to do something for Raw 25, I'm sure WWE would love to have had him. I don't think it's any kind of knock on the company; he's just really busy and wants to focus on other things right now.

3. Ziggler getting an opportunity to headline Wrestlemania was a pretty big deal, so he came back to try to win the Rumble. Presumably he'll be back regularly when "fans are ready to appreciate it."

4. Whoever wins the Chamber match can say they beat John Cena to make it to Wrestlemania. I assume there's something else planned for The Balor Club that night. If Finn was in the Chamber match, they likely wouldn't do any kind of six-man tag or anything that night. Stay tuned.

5. Currently he's set to have a role in NXT, likely in a backstage capacity. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become an important part of the infrastructure there, and potentially a key figure as Triple H continues to shape the future of the company as a whole. As for Borash leaving Impact, I imagine WWE made him one heck of an offer that the company wasn't willing to match in their current cost-cutting state.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment