Total Pageviews

Friday, February 2, 2018

Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/1/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Grand Title rule change:
Meh. I liked what we got from the previous grand title gimmick. Now this is basically their IC Title. I don't know if the roster's big enough for that.


- Sydal vs. Bahh: 
I like the contrast here.

Sydal is really solid.

I like Matt's strategy here.

Sydal has some solid kicks.

Fallah's not a bad monster.

This is good! Sydal's quite the general.

Not bad at all!

- Lee/Konley:
I'm interested to see the latest X-Division revamp.

- Lashley vs. KM:
I already miss Dan Lambert. He should have become the GM or something.

I love seeing Lashley mow people down.

WOW. I didn't expect a dive from KM. I doubt he learned that from AT.

I'm going to miss Lashley SO much.

Not bad at all to keep things going for the MMA juggernaut.

- Park/Jacobs:
Ahh I love Joseph.

Not awful. I hope the new regime doesn't drop the fun aspects of the show.


- Lashley promo:
Good for me. Destroy everyone.

- LVN vs. Kiera:
I'm going to miss Laurel, too!

Pretty solid start.

Laurel doesn't need anything fancy to be effective. I like it.

- EC3/Alberto:
I like the kayfabe that EC3 got fed up working with Alberto and headed to NXT. Or is he part of both brands in kayfabe? Either way, I liked this.

- LAX/oVe/Konley/Lee:
It's been a new year for a month now, Konnan.

Really messed up jab at Callihan, but I laughed.

Sami's so EDGY.

I like them deciding to end things.

Oh I like this twist a lot! It's something fresh and different for the X-Division and tag division.

- Moose/J. Impact:
I just can't get behind Johnny as a top face. He doesn't take anything seriously.

- GWN promo:
I hope we see McIntyre vs. EC3 in NXT and/or Raw or Smackdown. They worked hard in Impact.

- Drake/Adonis:
Eh. I am getting a little tired of this association.

- Cage video:
Well that was different.


- Alberto/EC3 vs. Moose/J. Impact:
Good enough start.

I enjoy heel Alberto.

This heel pairing has potential, but I don't expect them to get along for long.

Johnny can definitely deliver in the ring.

This is pretty good so far. I like this main event scene.

Moose is really impressive.

That was a pretty good ending.

- Drake/Adonis/Aries: 
I loved the foreshadowing with "the greatest champion that ever lived."

Wow. They're really putting Eli over heavy, huh?

God, finally. Aries is a big signing for Impact. A hard worker who can make a difference for them at some level. He can't turn things around by himself, but he's someone who will do his best to elevate everything he's in.

I like the idea Aries was just hanging out eating a banana and heard Drake's promo.

I mean, Austin does have a great resume.

I'm not crazy about them acknowledging 205 Live. Although I guess it does put over the stage Aries recently wrestled at.

Eli can be pretty fun sometimes. Probably just a Grand Title level guy at this point, though.

- Drake vs. Aries:
Imagine if Eli got the win there and that was it for Austin.

Pretty fun to give us a "surprise" title win. Very glad to see more from Aries.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment