Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Raw Reax - 2/5/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Bray/Reigns:
I like Bray's devil's advocate character.

Bray winning a big match? That's a good one.

- Reigns vs. Bray:
Roman's getting smoother.

Bray stopping the momentum here.

I enjoy Bray more when he's a big bruiser instead of wearing people down, but I get why they have "rest holds" here and there.

These two generally work together well.

Man, is Roman ever going to win with just one spear or Superman punch? They're very ineffective finishers.

That wasn't bad. It definitely feels inevitable that we're getting to Roman vs. Brock at Mania.

- Post-match:
Wow. Bray's night just got worse, huh?

- Seth/Jordan:
I can't be the only one who finds it a little funny Jason went from a fake injury to a real one. Not that I'm glad he's hurt or anything.

- Finn/KA vs. Revival:
I'm curious what Finn's doing in the months to come.

I love The Revival.

Not bad.

- Sasha/Bayley:
I guess we're getting Sasha vs. Bayley at Mania, huh?

Not bad.

- Cedric/Mustafa vs. Gulak/Nese:
Ahhhhhh I miss Enzo being part of this division instead of random matches.

Fine work to start things off.

Another perfectly effective, but largely meaningless match.

Good enough ending.

- Women's Chamber announcement:
Oh, wow. They're just going to put a match together with no qualifiers?

Looks like Mickie's replacing Nia in the match.

Nia vs. Asuka should be AWESOME based on their previous work, but I'm admittedly a fan of Nia's work when others aren't.

There's a setup for Alexa to get Nia into Mania thinking Jax will help her keep the title over Asuka. I like that idea.

Poor Alexa is just so taken advantage of!!

- Cena promo:
I'm glad Cena did have to win a match to get into the title match instead of just "hey, I'm John Cena and I'm going for my 17th title."

- Asuka vs. Bayley:
I love Asuka wearing people down with strikes before getting them to submit.

Fun back-and-forth here.

Wow. This is good.

I'm loving all the counters.

I honestly thought Bayley might get the win countering the Asuka lock. It was a good spot.

I'm thoroughly enjoying most of the women's revolution.

- Post-match:
So much for either woman turning heel. Yet.

- Miz promo:
Hahahaha Miz taking credit for the Super Bowl win.

Miz vs. Lesnar would be interesting in its own way.

- Miz vs. Apollo:
Like Crews is going to be in the Chamber match.

Axel is on vacation, so it's just Dallas in Miz's corner tonight.

Apollo is definitely a solid athlete. I wish he wasn't being wasted here. I'm open to him going back to NXT.

I mean, damn, Crews was on offense for most of that one.

- Tag title lineup change:
So much for being able to count on Jason!

- Bar vs. Seth/Roman:
I hope this is their last battle. I like both sides, but enough is enough. Ideally one team or the other will be moved to the other show in the summer.

I love how the champs work off each other.

This is solid.

I'm glad Sheamus and Cesaro are a threat to The Shield. I love The Shield, but they need some credible competition.

I'm liking the story here.

Seth going all out as usual.

Seth and Cesaro are a lot of fun together.

Ahhhhh Jason, you blew it, man.

- Jordan/Seth/Angle:
Man, Jason just can't catch a break! Maybe he can chill at his dad's place for a while?

- Jax vs. Floyd:
Good times, good times.

- Post-match:
I'm looking forward to Nia vs. Asuka given their history.

- Sonya vs. Mickie:
That wasn't bad, but  I wanted something more.

- Post-match:
Hahahahaa I love how blatantly Alexa is playing here.

- Second Chance match announced:
Looks like Balor will be in the Chamber after all.

- Elias promo:
OK, the line about being in the halftime show got me.

- Cena vs. Elias vs. Braun:
Braun vs. Cena at Mania would be a LOT of fun.

Like Braun needs to be last.

Elias working with Cena is interesting.

Good work getting rid of Braun.

Cena can still deliver.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love it.

- Post-match:
Jesus. I hope it was worth it, Elias!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment