Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 22, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 2/21/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Dream vs. Jose:
Yeah, don't get too cocky too early.

Jose's pretty game here.

Good to see NWJ look good here.

Pretty fun!

- Dream promo:
I'm looking forward to more from Velveteen.

- Dusty Classic announcement:
This has been pretty fun in past years, and is a good setup to announce new contenders.

- Cross vs. Borne:
Vanessa's game against the force of fury.

How do you beat someone this crazy??

Pretty fun!!

- Almas vs. Gargano:
I like Andrade trying to win so early. Why have a long title match if you don't have to??

I loved the double dive spot.

They've got to do Zelina vs. Candice soon.

It's good to see Andrade so focused. He's pretty solid now.

Almas wearing him down. I like it.

Johnny can always deliver.

NICE counter to the buckle bomb. Almas has really gotten smoother.

This is quite the fight. I'm liking it.

NICE counter to the slingshot spear.

I'm loving all the counters here. It's like a human chess match.

I love the story in this one. Very wrestling based, but there's a key reason for everything.


HOLY SHIT what a big DDT on the outside.

I’m loving how epic this feels. Gargano’s a really good worker.

AHHHHH what a nice fakeout ending with the Gargano Escape.

Big moment there. I’m hoping Gargano vs. Ciampa is either “unsanctioned” or on 205 Live. Both men are ready for that stage.


- Post-match:
Man. They're making this a really memorable moment.

I'm loving this.

I'm excited for what's next!

-- ROH:
- Opening promos:
Good work setting up a pretty big match. I like giving the matches some hype like this.

- Lethal vs. Flip:
Flip's got a future from the looks of things.

Lethal's now the ROH veteran passing on tips to the new guys. I like it.

This is already solid.

Flip's definitely pulling out a lot of athletics here.

OK, this is getting a little on the showcase side, to the expense of the story of the match.

And as they return, we're back to a serious bout. Glad to see it.

I think Flip can tone down a little of his antics and still be a heck of a worker.

I love Jay making the Figure Four a serious part of his arsenal.

Really good ending sequence.

- Cabana/Scurll:
Castle vs. Lethal will be a good milestone for the new champion.

Wow, we're already teasing Lethal as champion, huh?

- Brandi vs. KQ:
I like Karen showing who's the heel early.

I admire Karen's tenacity here.

Damn. Karen's not just wrestling circles around Brandi. She's wrestling circles around those circles!

Brandi firing back well enough.

Karen's a force to be reckoned with.

Kind of a rough ending.

- Castle/Scurll:
I love Marty worming his way into getting a future title match no matter what. Clever.

- H. Bucks vs. SoCal:
This is serious. I like it.

This is going to be wild.

Pretty fun so far.

Lots of big moves already.

This is quite the match.

Bucks doing what they do best.

Solid showcase of fancy moves.

Here's your massive dive spot.

Yeah, I've had my fill of big spots in this one.

Oh man, rough ending.

- Bully promo:
Oh boy. Someone else I've already seen plenty of lately.

- H. Bucks vs. SoCal, Part II:
Fine enough. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment