Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 15, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 2/14/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Dunne vs. Strong:
Good start.

Dunne's not giving up the title without a fight.

I love Dunne's brutality.

Strong is such a great fight-from-behind babyface. He's very tenacious.

Strong can deliver some pain, too.

I'm loving this story. Dunne's determined to hurt Strong, and Roderick's determined not to give up.

Dunne is really, really good for someone so young.

I loved Strong catching him with that dropkick.

I'm loving this!

GOD that Super Angle Slam should have done it.

Wow. This is a damn war.

Strong's really fired up here.

Awesome story of working on the arm. Both men really delivered.

- Dream promo: 
Excited to see what's next for him.


- Black/Dain:

YES. I'm ready to see Aleister in the title picture.

I wouldn't have expected Killian to interrupt.

Hey, I'm all for Dain going for gold, too.

That was goth as hell, but I loved it.

- TM-61 vs. Skyler/Duntworth:
Nice teamwork.

Good sprint for the Aussies.

- Moon vs. Baszler:
I love the intensity here.

Shayna just fired Ember up. She's not going to give up the title easily.

I think Baszler is surprised here.

Oh, I love this attack on the wounded champion.

Nice counter to the armbar.

This is solid.

Shayna is out for blood. Good God.

- Post-match:
I'm not crazy about pushing Sane this hard, but she is a pretty big deal.

Hopefully Ember says she didn't need anyone's help and we get a triple threat.

-- ROH:
- Dalton promo:
I'm glad to see Dalton getting a shot as a top name. Cody et al. don't need the title to be important; Dalton would have really stalled if he lost at Final Battle.

Pretty good overall.

- C2C vs. Bruiser/Milonas:
I like the domination from the brawlers. 

I'm not crazy about Milonas early.

It's an interesting clash here.

So much for the new team being able to handle things.

Yeah, that was kind of a mess.

- C2C/King vs. Silas/Bruiser/Milonas:
I do appreciate ROH making their shows more of a cohesive effort instead of unrelated match after unrelated match.

I feel like every other ROH match has dives, flips, and/or double-teams.

This isn't bad so far.

Pretty good 450.

Nice ending to set up Silas vs. King.

- Dawgs promo:
It would be disappointing if C2C beat War Machine but couldn't get the win over these two!

- WOH hype:
Good to see Madison again!

- Leon vs. Rayne:
Fine basic start.

Good work early.

Leon's impressing me.

Pretty solid!

- Briscoes promo:
These two really got the boost they needed from the Bully angle.

I'm excited for a Guns match for the first time in a LOOOOOOOONG time.

- Dalton vs. Martinez:
I like Castle being able to take this seriously.

Good start. I like the contrast between them.

Martinez is pretty impressive.

Punishment looks like a real threat. I like it.

Good to see something different from flying around.

Dalton as the fired-up underdog is nice.

Wow. Martinez looks like he could actually take the title.

Jesus. Dalton escaped with the title there. Great work.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment