Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 2/6/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shane/Bryan/AJ:
Shane vs. Bryan is reeeeaaallllllllllllyyyyyyy dragging on.

Bryan trying to appease Shane here.

I liked the jab at Bryan still wanting to wrestle. I expect he'll get to do so in October or so.

I'm getting kind of tired of Face AJ, too. They're definitely coasting on the road to Mania.

Interesting enough.

- New Day answers questions:
This is when they're at their best, just goofing around.


- AJ/Nakamura:
I'm ready for someone to step up to face Shinsuke at Fast Lane so he has something to do other than remind us of WWE's bait to hardcore fans (who were going to buy Mania every year anyway).

- Charlotte vs. Liv:
Well this is a lot of stalling.

Riott and Liv don't seem like they'd hang out...

Liv isn't bad. Charlotte's getting where she can lead just about anyone.

Mehhhhhhhhhh. It was there.

- Owens interview:
I like Smug Kevin. I'm interested to see what's set for this team at WM34. Them facing each other has been done to death.

- B. Bros squash match:
I love the urgency from the former Luke and Erick.

Good to continue their rehabilitation.

- Usos promo:
I love the subtle teases of the champs defending against Harper and Rowan. Well done.

These guys have really elevated themselves.

Great work!

- Top 10:
I did crack up at Tye being 10th. Otherwise, this is a waste of time. Put it on WWE.com or Twitter if you're going to do it. If Fashion Police got cut for this garbage, I swear...

- Roode vs. Rusev:
I'm already loving this.

Good work between two good workers. Who would have thought?

Rusev is a good monster.

Nice Accolade counter.

Even better second Accolade counter! That was awesome.

- Post-match:
Oh. It's Orton. Way to level two guys who just had a great match.

- F. Files:
Viktor vs. Gluten is the feud of the year.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm dying. Why can't more of WWE be this fun?

- Shelton/Gable vs. Ascension:
Shelton and Gable are smooth. I like it.

So much for not needing a training montage this week.

- Sami interview:
Haha even Zayn knows he's been "Kevin Owens' former (now current) friend" for his whole WWE run now.

- Owens vs. Sami:
I like the start. They obviously know each other well and don't want to get caught.

It's weird seeing Sami being the one grounding Kevin.

Sami's fired up to finally step out of Kevin's shadow.

I'm liking all this.

Both men are great. It's a shame we've seen this 1,000 times.

I love the counters here. Both men are pretty explosive.

Oh MAN that was a lame ending.


- Post-match:
Same as it ever was.... Smackdown is REALLY slacking lately. 

- Next week's match:
Jesus, that sounds awful. Corbin slogging around and Ziggler taking ridiculous bumps. Hopefully that goes by in a montage, too.  

-- MMC:
- Goldust/Mandy vs. Jimmy Uso/Naomi:
OK, this is actually pretty entertaining.

I'm fine with some comedy wrestling here and there. We need it after that dull (at times) Smackdown.

I like the Goldust/Mandy pairing.

Fun.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Jimmy almost suckered Goldust in there.

Watch yourself, Mandy!

I like Rose making this serious.

This is heating up well.

WOW. I like the tandem offense here.

Cool to see Goldust use Cody's finisher.

Pretty good work overall!

-- 205 Live: 
- Dorado vs. Kalisto:
Ugggggghhhhhhhh a face vs. face "who's the better athlete" match.

Same old shit.

WOW. I was impressed with Lince's big dive.

Awkward superkick spot.

This is heating up pretty well.

Nice rana counter.

This is impressive!

Pretty good story here.

Nice counter to the second Salida Del Sol.

Pretty good overall!

- Cedric/Mustafa:
Every babyface on this show is lame. I hope this isn't the vision for what Raw and Smackdown should be in five years. 

- TJP promo:
Good enough to keep establishing the former champion.

- Next week's match:
I like the guests here.

- Maverick/Gulak/Nese:
Interesting enough, I guess. It's hardly saving the show, though.

- Itami vs. Strong:
Oh I'm already loving this.

Itami can be pretty intense. I like it.

I'm liking this version of Hideo.

Strong has great resiliency.

These two work together pretty well.

Yeah, you don't want to get hit with that GTS.

I would have popped for Strong being Angle's son, given how often he uses Angle's old finisher.

This is really solid.

Both men really delivering.

BIG Falcon Arrow spot.

WOW. They won me over with the athleticism here. I hope the fans who claim they want that are watching.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment