Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 2/27/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Cena/Shane/Bryan:
With Raw having a seven-way contenders' match, Smackdown needs to up the ante for their main event, I suppose.

I mean, having been champion that many times, I can see why he thinks he can just walk into another title match.

If I never see another authority figure feud, I'll be more than OK with that.

Cena vs. AJ should be big.

- Corbin vs. Sami:
I feel like everyone of importance on Smackdown has faced off with each other already.

Sami playing his role pretty well here.

I like how they're playing off each other here. Sami's giving him setups to be the powerhouse.

Oh, yay. We needed feuding Bryan and Shane AND Ziggler in this match? Are they trying to sabotage this show?

Meh.

- Post-match:
Fine enough to keep building to the clustermess.

- Shane/Bryan/Owens/Zayn:
So that's the last of Shane vs. Bryan tonight, tight?

Really. They cut Fashion Files for this?

- Ruby vs. Naomi:
Fine enough work.

NICE Beautiful Disaster.

Not bad at all!

- Duhamel/Breezango/New Day:
OH MY GOD! I've missed these guys on TV.

Pretty silly, but I'm OK with that.

I love Supa Hot Fire and all, but I want to see some original material.

- New Day/Usos/B. Bros:
Another example of a feud that's being run into the ground. Can Heath and Rhyno or The Revival or someone be sent to this show?

The Usos have really delivered.

I really like the champions' motivation.

Ooohhh.... nice shot at the Samoan lineage. I think Jimmy and Jey have earned their spots, though.

Pretty good.

- Shane/R. Day:
Eh.

- Roode/Orton:
Oh my God this is terrible. Too much focus on lists and titles. This is the best they can come up with for Roode and Orton??

- Shinsuke vs. Aiden:
Nakamura just kind of coasting to Mania. He should be in an important match at Fast Lane. Heck, have him face Jinder since they crossed paths when Jinder was champion. That way, Shinsuke can show he's able to beat him.

Handicap match at Fast Lane, I guess?

Aiden beating Shinsuke would be insane.

Shinsuke lighting Aiden's pasty self up!

Fine sprint for the No. 1 Contender.

- Post-match:
I'm all for Cena entering Shinsuke vs. AJ at Mania. Things have been really, really bland in the angle so far.

- AJ vs. Cena:
I like Cena's drive to get to Fast Lane.

Man. Cena's all over him.

If only Karl and Luke weren't on Raw? AJ could use their help.

I like how these two work together.

I'm loving the counters.

Good to see Cena make the most of his power.

At least the inevitable finisher kickouts were saved for break.

This is going pretty well!

Both men delivering at a top level. Cena NEEDS to be in that title match at Mania. It would elevate both WWE newcomers.

Fifty AAs later....

NICE counter to the AA into the calf crusher.

Pretty awesome win. AJ went through a war, so his loss doesn't hurt him.

- Post-match:
I do like so many people being invested in being WWE Champion going into Mania. And now there are two or three actual main event level talents in the mix!

-- MMC:
- Finn/Sasha vs. Miz/Asuka:
Miz stretching things out here.

Good for Finn taking this seriously.

Balor and Asuka would be a hell of a duo. Heck, Miz and Sasha would make sense given both competitors' attitudes.

Asuka might beat Miz if he's not careful!

Miz is pretty fun here.

DO. NOT. SLAP. ASUKA.

Asuka's out to bruise The Boss.

Sasha can get pretty fired up, too.

Pretty smooth work from the faces.

If Balor works like this at Mania, Miz's title is in trouble.

AWESOME double submission spot.

That ending was a LITTLE flat, but overall, pretty enjoyable.

-- 205 Live: 
- Cedric/TJP promos:
If I wasn't already watching this show, I definitely wouldn't have been sold by an Alexander promo.

I almost wish they didn't do promos if they're going to be this bland.

- Cedric vs. TJP:
I like the chess match early.

TJP is really smooth, and Cedric's right up there with him.

WOW. Nice La Mistica.

I'm very impressed here.

Both men are lighting it up.

Each man keeps going for and hitting big shots. This is good.

OH MY GOD what a kneebar!

I'm loving TJP's submission strategy. He's really, really good.

That was badass. Good work from both men.

- Maverick interview:
They've done a good job at establishing Drake as an agent of change.

- Mustafa/Murphy promos:
The promos on this show are AWFUL.

I am excited to see more from Murphy, though.

- Strong vs. Kalisto:
Good feeling out process here.

Roderick has made the backbreaker thing work for him.

It feels like every. single. babyface. of a certain size is doing suicide dives, hurricanranas, and superkicks. For God's sake. We need more variety!

Wow. Roderick showing some real intensity.

I like this side of Strong!

Oh, wow. A Gory special on a Latino star?

Kalisto can definitely fly!

This is pretty solid!

Pretty cool ending sequence. I'm excited for more Roderick. He's really turned around my opinion of him since joining WWE.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment